my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » New Patch Results?

Author Topic: New Patch Results?
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-04-2001 06:35 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's the latest opinion chaps?

Has the latest patch, added to the the earlier patch made this a sim worth buying?

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Irish2
Member # 5302

posted 05-05-2001 09:39 AM     Profile for Irish2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RB,
I think you can gather from the flood of responses that: A} Nobody cares B}It's Flamming Useless or C} Nobody cares.
Makes ya sorta wonder eh...

Cheers !

Irish2
(25 days and counting )

Posts: 164 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 05-05-2001 01:34 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or D) All of the above...

Okay I'll track down these patches and see if they help any...you owe me bigtime Bilkers. LOL

--------------------

Yes I am a minion of the Devil, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 05-05-2001 05:21 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess we better get our review of the patch done here sooner rather than later.

I'm on it.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-06-2001 08:37 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really wanted this sim. MP drops interest drops. It's interesting how one is either for or against. It's a real love it or hate it kind of thing, but with a couple of patches I'd be interested to see high much better the level of "game play" has been raised.

MP would be the last frontier to conquer so to speak although I don't see that happening.

Anyway reports/experiences, come on down.

Thanks

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 05-06-2001 01:21 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I d/l'd the patch, but haven't installed it. From what I've read, it mostly enables engine management, and I'm not into that-all I want to do is "blow things up, real good!", and shoot down attacking fighters!

As far as whether the sim is worth buying, I would say, "Yes, by all means!" I find myself spending more time in B17II than any other sim I own at present (partly because even a short mission will easily consume 3/4 hour, and you could go up to many hours!)

For some strange reason (I think it's like fishing-you never know, even though you think you are doing everything correctly, what will happen in the next ten seconds), I find it very immersive.

--------------------

The last thing every pilot does before leaving the aircraft after making a gear up landing is to put the gear selection lever in the 'down' position.

Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
boshar
Member # 2166

posted 05-07-2001 07:46 AM     Profile for boshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the game but the news about this patch leaves me indifferent. I won't install that $#!&(*! game ever again. It tries to do to many things and fails at most of them.

I liked the approach to target and bombing runs but having to re allign the flight path to make a good hit on the target every time stinks.

Could mention something about the accuracy of real WW2 bombing runs (oops wrong city sorry mate) and the absence of this and carpet / fire bombing population centers in the game but as i said i liked aiming the bombs. Historical accuracy is boring and might cause moral dillema's.

Posts: 94 | From: Rotterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-15-2001 07:31 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything seems quiet, haven't heard or seen much anywhere.

Could it be some people are statisfied and too scared to say?!?!?!?!

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Biggs
Member # 6538

posted 05-16-2001 04:48 AM     Profile for Biggs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded the first patch, tried that out, was supposed to eliminate the famous CTD
problem. I never really had problems with CTD's, but i do now!!
Doesn't seem to make the game run any faster, but feature it does have is the OMF file editor..Which to me is a useful tool. I always thought the default skins in the game were pretty bland, the guys over at B/A. Net
have made some really beautiful skins and have spiced the visuals up alot. So what I've done is saved the 'new & improved' aircraft.omf and the R&R file...Re-installed the game and just swapped out the two files...That way I can still enjoy the improved visuals..and no more freakin CTD's

As for the second patch ?? After the foul ups the first one caused??
No thanks ..Sheesh!

Biggs

--------------------

"Shadwell", they said "Go for it!"
"So I went for it and it was gone."

Posts: 287 | From: Stanstead,UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.