my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Drift Meter

Author Topic: Drift Meter
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-10-2001 04:13 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the Action view you will be looking through the Drift Meter. According to the book you align the dial on the right using the mouse, click and drag, but this doesn't seem to move the dial at all. Yes, I am in manual mode and yes I can see the dial moving just a little bit, but I cannot drag the dial the direction I want.
Any suggestions, need help please.

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Narf
Member # 9027

posted 02-11-2001 03:25 PM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe you can use your joystick with the drift meter.
Posts: 45 | From: Egmond aan den Hoef, Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 02-12-2001 02:35 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I may be doing this incorrectly, but it seems to work just fine:

Go to nav station, action view (which you have said you have done), enter "m".
Using your joystick, simply align the view on the left so that the dotted lines line up with the solid (?), darker anyway, lines, hold for a second or two, then press "m" again to go back into AI. The dial on the right should accurately reflect the drift, and looking through the viewer on the right, you can confirm this.

I know it works, because if you do this on the bomb run, especially as you near the target, this info gets automatically sent to the "bombadier". The Norden is then very close to what you need for an accurate run. Of course, you'll still need minor corrections.

Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.