my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » computer control

Author Topic: computer control
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-03-2001 01:05 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a campaign flying manually, when I jump to another view and then back to the chase view the B-17 is on computer control,the wheels are down, turning off course in a dive. How do I keep is plane on the course I had set when I left one view for another. What I want to do is not have to raise the gear and have it on course at the same alt.
Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 02-03-2001 04:39 PM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems it happens near the landing, right?

It's normal that when you switch to an other position that the AI takes over. Only way you can solve this is pausing the game and then switching pos. When returning re-enter manual mode and un-pause.

Hope it helps.
Maybe give more info next time...

------------------
"Someone who doesn't like violence because he fears it cannot be called a non-violent. He is a coward."

Posts: 39 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-03-2001 05:50 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mobistar:
[B]It seems it happens near the landing, right?

SEE REPLY BELOW !

[This message has been edited by jaegers_j (edited 02-03-2001).]

jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-03-2001 06:03 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, it is happening in route to the primary target.
I understand AI taking over control of the aircraft. What I don't understand why AI lowers the landing gear, dives and turns to a new course away from the target when I'm on a bombing run.
If I sit back and allow AI to control the aircraft it will start a slow downward turn and crash into the ground. Shouldn't AI keep the aircraft on the same course no matter what views I switch to?
At this particular point in the flight I am switching from chase view to map and than back to chase view.
I hope this is more information and that you still have some suggestions.

Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 02-04-2001 04:06 PM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never experienced a such thing...

Mind me asking but did you push ctrl-b before the takeoff?

Does it happen everytime?

Posts: 39 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.