my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Just bought and played B17 II

Author Topic: Just bought and played B17 II
Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 01-26-2001 03:59 PM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, what can I say? It works great!!!!

No CTD's!

I was able to go through one single mission without problem.

Damn, I love the game!

------------------
"Someone who doesn't like violence because he fears it cannot be called a non-violent. He is a coward."

Posts: 39 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
dfritch
Member # 745

posted 02-01-2001 02:39 PM     Profile for dfritch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What sytem do you have, please? I have a Pentuim 2, 450mHz, 128MB pc-100 ram, STB Velocity 4400 (TNT) w/ 16MB. I'm debating whether I can play this with details turned down. Thanks!

------------------
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Posts: 142 | From: Lenexa, Kansas USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bismarck
Member # 6757

posted 02-01-2001 03:14 PM     Profile for Bismarck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dfritch,

I'd definitely double the RAM (it's cheap now) and create a 4-500 MB swap file.

Jim Cobb

Posts: 1432 | From: Madison, Wisconsin via Missouri | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 02-01-2001 05:15 PM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I've got a PII 450 128mb (upgrade to 256 planned on saturday )TNT2 Ultra.
I first played in 800x600 details turned down because I don't have enough memory. Now I play in 640x480 in full details.

The only problems I encounter are those related to the bad crew AI... But I set the crew initiative to zero. Better...

Great game anyway.

BTW, I just installed the patch and no proble so far.

------------------
"Someone who doesn't like violence because he fears it cannot be called a non-violent. He is a coward."

[This message has been edited by Mobistar (edited 02-01-2001).]

dfritch
Member # 745

posted 02-01-2001 07:32 PM     Profile for dfritch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Bismark and Mobistar. I'll probably try it on my "obsolete" two year old machine once I put in $90 of memory (I'll keep the old TNT card though.)

Thanks.

------------------
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

[This message has been edited by dfritch (edited 02-01-2001).]

Posts: 142 | From: Lenexa, Kansas USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-02-2001 07:55 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We Bought B17 for Christmas and it works great too, no CTW's, but we have a problem in the tutorial (training). The plane will not turn when taxing. We too are waiting for the patch.

? is B17 II a different version or is what you just bought the same as ours ???

This has been confusing the hec out of me because everyone chats between the two.

Thanks

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
OutlawAir
Member # 8720

posted 02-02-2001 11:52 PM     Profile for OutlawAir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To get the aircraft to turn while taxiing, you must disengage the parking brake with the shift-p keys. It is unfortunately not mentioned in the taxii/takeoff tutorial.
Posts: 3 | From: Louisville, KY, United States | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-03-2001 08:42 AM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OutlawAir:
To get the aircraft to turn while taxiing, you must disengage the parking brake with the shift-p keys. It is unfortunately not mentioned in the taxii/takeoff tutorial.

Thanks OutlawAir
What about my question about B17 II ? Could you clear my mind of this.

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 02-03-2001 04:42 PM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I bought the retail version. What else?

Just added 128mb and now running at 256mb.
Better. By far!

And in 800x600 instead of 640x480...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mobistar (edited 02-04-2001).]

Bismarck
Member # 6757

posted 02-04-2001 04:00 PM     Profile for Bismarck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jaegers,

I think we're using B-17 as shorthand for B-17 II. The original is so old, hardly anybody plays it.

Jim Cobb

Posts: 1432 | From: Madison, Wisconsin via Missouri | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.