my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Any news on Patch?

Author Topic: Any news on Patch?
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 01-08-2001 07:35 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

It has been awhile since I read that a patch was in the works. Anyone hear anything else
like an ETA? I am in a holding pattern until, as 1/3 of the times I've flown, I get
the infamous CTD. This ain't pretty when so much time is required to cross the Channel,
as in real life `43.

Any updates appreciated!

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Narf
Member # 9027

posted 01-09-2001 08:31 AM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read the following in one of the forums of Bombs Away:

"The patch was submitted by Wayward to Hasbro. It's in Hasbro's hands right now, and only Hasbro can decide to release it."

It was posted by Darren Evans of the Bombs Away Staff. He normally knows what is going on at Wayward.

Posts: 45 | From: Egmond aan den Hoef, Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 01-09-2001 07:11 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eeeee(!),

Hasblo? They could bury it!
Well, at least movemenent is being made. Thanks for the update, Narf!

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 01-17-2001 09:36 AM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just posting to keep this thread alive,
even though the whole forum seems dead...

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Narf
Member # 9027

posted 01-18-2001 09:09 AM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just read the following on the SimHQ site:

====
We have received the following from Hasbro UK concerning the patch for B-17 II:
Posted 01/18/01 7:30 AM ET - Removed the 'Breaking news' tag at 10:15 AM

Since the release of B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty Eighth, we have been listening and studying the comments made by the purchasers of the game from across the world. We are pleased to announce a free patch is being made available once final QA approval checks have been completed.

The patch addresses the major concerns voiced by the B17 community. A second patch will be made available later in the year to address any future issues.

The patch will be available for download from the 1st February 2001, at the official B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty Eighth site (www.b17flyingfortress.com).
===

So, a patch is on it's way and the good news is, it's free (right, like we would PAY for a patch).

Posts: 45 | From: Egmond aan den Hoef, Netherlands | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 01-19-2001 02:54 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err,

What's that?
Light at the end of the tunnel?
Woo-hoo! I may start to get into this bloody
game! Erstwhile, I will go and prop-sim out
with a newly discovered FS:SDOE. Yea, it's
old, but I just picked it up for free at
unbeatabledeals.com. I new waiting would pay off, eventually!

Thanks for the update!!!

------------------
-=Spectre=-
[email protected]

Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 01-21-2001 05:22 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yippee! Great news on the patch!
Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
flybri
Member # 9031

posted 01-23-2001 11:31 PM     Profile for flybri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I'll wait for reviews on the patch...
I don't want to have to take the game back a second time...
playin it cool...
flybri out.

Narf
Member # 9027

posted 02-02-2001 01:13 AM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, februari the second and no patch to be found on the www.b17flyingfortress.com site . They probably meant februari 2002 .
butch2k
Member # 9038

posted 02-02-2001 02:06 AM     Profile for butch2k   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check www.bombs-away.net or www.3dfiles.com to download the patch #1.

------------------
Visit my Military History Forum at :
http://pub47.ezboard.com/ballboutwarfare

Posts: 128 | From: Near Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Narf
Member # 9027

posted 02-02-2001 03:30 AM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Butch.
It is very strange that the patch still isn't available at the official site, though .

Mobistar
Member # 9040

posted 02-02-2001 03:34 AM     Profile for Mobistar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hasblowup must have blew it again

------------------
"Someone who doesn't like violence because he fears it cannot be called a non-violent. He is a coward."

Posts: 39 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Narf
Member # 9027

posted 02-02-2001 03:41 AM     Profile for Narf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Must be .
Anyway, downloading the 15MB patch. Now I must find the time to try it .

Bismarck
Member # 6757

posted 02-02-2001 09:33 AM     Profile for Bismarck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Narf,

The patch is avalable at the www.b17flyingfortress.com site but it's hidden quite well. The whole site was so slow that I gave up and d/l'd it from the site listed on the bombs-away forum. They closed the thread but kept the message with the link.

Jim Cobb

Posts: 1432 | From: Madison, Wisconsin via Missouri | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bismarck
Member # 6757

posted 02-02-2001 09:46 AM     Profile for Bismarck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scratch that. It's available at bombs-away, bot b-17flyingfortress. They have several mirrors up now.

You're right; it should be on b17flyingfortress. I wonder if the absence is a function of the Hasbro collapse.

Jim Cobb

Posts: 1432 | From: Madison, Wisconsin via Missouri | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
jaegers_j
Member # 9055

posted 02-03-2001 06:13 PM     Profile for jaegers_j   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hay everyone, they have the patch at:

http://b172.sim-arena.com/

and their site is not busy, not like bombs-away.

Posts: 12 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.