my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Another question for you all...

Author Topic: Another question for you all...
tpol
Member # 9005

posted 01-01-2001 11:12 PM     Profile for tpol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone help me here please? Why does the reading on the directional instrument not match the pilot helper heading? The navigator reads out a heading but if you try to fly that heading according to your instruments, as you are supposed to in a real plane, it is way off course and does not match the pilot helper heading. A bug...or am I missing something? Grateful any advice. Cheers, tpol
Posts: 18 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Desmo
Member # 7531

posted 01-02-2001 03:40 PM     Profile for Desmo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tpol,

you can calibrate your directional gyro e.g. on the ground before starting the mission. There's a little knob below the readout, you can click left/right on it.

Desmo

tpol
Member # 9005

posted 01-02-2001 05:57 PM     Profile for tpol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Desmo...Oh I see....thanks....the little knob completely slipped my attention....I presume we can calibrate it to match the real directional heading. But with what do I align it with? Thanks. tpol

------------------
tpol

Posts: 18 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flanker35M
Member # 7450

posted 01-04-2001 03:24 PM     Profile for Flanker35M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S!

Something new every day!I have never put much so much effort studying the cockpit...Gotta try these things out.Thanx for the tip!

Flanker

colt51
Member # 8207

posted 01-04-2001 04:00 PM     Profile for colt51   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do not usualy bother myself with the instrumentation as I find flying the formation a heck of a job. I find it more interesting having the Top turret, Navigation and Bombing.

Just my 2 cents!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.