my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Check out this pic - IMMERSION!

Author Topic: Check out this pic - IMMERSION!
Fire
Member # 8847

posted 12-23-2000 08:03 PM     Profile for Fire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a pic i got from flying one of my missions. Unfortunatly as you can see below i never completed it. I was looking through the tail gunners sites when i got a bandit. He started smoking and then all the sudden i hear a big boom and flames surround me. I paused and went to external view where i saw this. He had cut me in half and decided to take me with him. I was so excited to get my first kill and then BOOM!. I'm dying. This as another post states is a game that puts you in a state of immersion. Just when you think things are going great something bad happens. I can't imagine what the real guys went through that flew these things. My heart goes out to them. They are men that deserve more honor then they are given. I salute them! ~S~

-Fire

Posts: 10 | From: Spencerville, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 12-23-2000 09:45 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehehehe.

I like the gunners warning, "Bandits Coming in 5 o'clock Level!!!"

I could almost hear the pilot...."No **** "

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives, until I give you the signal." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Fire
Member # 8847

posted 12-23-2000 09:54 PM     Profile for Fire   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky_1,

I know what you mean. I was doing good. I downed two fighters before all that crap happened. Kinda bummed me out. I had endagered my crew by shooting at a fighter. I like this sim. The amount of randombility is endless. I love it. Great, esp. the immersion it creates. Sucks to have what happened happen though.

-Fire

------------------
-------------------------
"Give a man a match, he'll be warm for a day.
"Set a man on fire, He'll be warm for a lifetime :)"
-------------------------

Posts: 10 | From: Spencerville, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.