my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » The complexity of engine management?

Author Topic: The complexity of engine management?
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 12-23-2000 05:28 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, so from what I understand EM isnt being implemented, you can run the engines at 100% throttle, close the flaps, nothing you can do to damage them. Is that correct?

So if WW is working on a patch, how difficult would it be to include EM? Wouldnt it mainly consist of IF-THEN statements, I mean we arent talking about enemy fighter AI here, nothing that complex.
Something like:
WHEN throttle=100 AND cowlflaps=0 AND alt=<5000 THEN heat=heat+20

Is this an over-simplification? I mean, if it was this easy wouldnt WW have done it initially? On the other hand, maybe they took it out not because it didnt work, but perhaps it worked too well...and was contrary to their "lite sim"/RPG philosphy.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ScottMG
Member # 1813

posted 12-23-2000 07:35 PM     Profile for ScottMG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOD how I wish Wayward / Hasbro would even get remotely interested in this subject.
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 12-23-2000 08:26 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True, but look at whats been done with F4, if WW decides not to fix it, then hopefully someone will.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.