my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Help please

Author Topic: Help please
Burt Douglas
Member # 3826

posted 12-22-2000 08:31 PM     Profile for Burt Douglas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... Got a bit of a prob...and this might get long and Boring..:-) I bought B17 II and while it is a damn good one visually there are numerous bugs. I installed it and played around for a while with varying results:-) The fact is that I never completed a trip without a freeze-up and a reboot. (as in lotsa fun...Ha!) So being the industrious fella I am, decided to re instal and thereby lies the tale....:-) When I tried the game Uninstal I got an error message....'copy failed..... HSBR-MP.exe the system cannot find the path specified' after Ok this one got another saying'copy failed readme the system cannot find the path specified'. soooo I went into the start/settings/control panel/add/remove and tried that...I got the same bloody messages, so I went into the C drive and deleted everything I could find under either Microprose or B17 and then went to Regedit and did the same thing...worked Regedit until it couldn't find anything resembling B17, Microprose, HSBR-MP.exe or a combo of them, so figured I had everything. SOOO... I tried to reinstal...when trying with the auto start I get an UN install window and if I try this I get the same original message re the HSBR-MP.exe and the other one and then it dumps me to desktop. Tried to install by going the start/run setup and get the same bloody thing. Setup is the only thing available on the CD to initiate the thing. I know I must have something left, but can you think of what? Am running a little short of hair from all the pulling:-) Have a help request in at Hasbro but God knows if they will answer with all the flames I ve seen in the bombs-away forum. Everyone seems to be getting either freezes or crash to desktop...correction ..not everyone but a goodly portion. The day it hit here Hasbro advised they are working on a patch..it was released in Europe 2 weeks earlier.. Thanks for your time in reading this book and any help yu may be able to supply. Burt
Posts: 4 | From: Thunder Bay, On, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
colt51
Member # 8207

posted 12-23-2000 12:04 AM     Profile for colt51   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burt..
Check the combatsim's article on how some of the problems can be resolved (I sure by now that you have).

On the other hand, I had small joystick problem initialy and I called Microprose, and believe it or not they returned my call within 8 hrs. By that time I did resolve my problem, but it was nice of them to call me back.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.