my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Jettison bombs?

Author Topic: Jettison bombs?
Roberts
Member # 8770

posted 12-22-2000 12:55 PM     Profile for Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Ive read something on how you can jettison your bombload manually if you for some reason dont want it anymore. For example, in the manual(p.95),it says that "ill-directed bombing will be penalised. However, if bombs are jettisoned/.../there will be no penalty imposed by Bomber Group."
How do you do this? Im curiuos because I just flew a mission where 2 of my engines were taken out by German fighters, making the plane REALLY heavy. So I thought I might drop my load in the Channel and try to get back to England and perhaps belly-land. Unfortunately I couldnt find out how to do this so I ditched and had to swim home . (Actually I think some of the crew survived and some were killed.)
Anyway, how do I jettison bombs?

/Roberts

Posts: 18 | From: Stockholm,Sweden | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 12-22-2000 01:58 PM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEs - you need to go to teh bombadier - Go to the BOMB PANEL -open the doors and hit the RED Switch.

Or something like that - I do not have the game here at work. Now if only the BOSS were a WWII Fan.

Jordi

RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 12-22-2000 02:40 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jordi is right...go to the bombardier, instrument view (I), then (SPACE) to open the panel, and u will see a switch down in the left corner. Open the doors, bring it to live (klicking on the red protection) and than hit the switch. there go ur bombs
Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Roberts
Member # 8770

posted 12-22-2000 03:22 PM     Profile for Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks but..

It seems that the bomb control panel only is available during the bombrun or atleast when the bombardier is "ready". In midflight nothing happens when Im in command of the bombardier and press SPACE, I dont get access to the panel.
I tried this in the bomb-training mission and it worked but it does not work in midflight during a historical campaign, and that is usually when I want to use it!
Perhaps someone else can try it and see if they experince the same thing? Id be grateful.

/Roberts

[This message has been edited by Roberts (edited 12-22-2000).]

ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 12-22-2000 04:14 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to tell the bombardier to to use the bomb site if he isn't already. Right click and bring up the rose and click on the bombsite icon.
Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Roberts
Member # 8770

posted 12-22-2000 06:01 PM     Profile for Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aha...Now I get it!

Thank you very much for your advice/Robert

Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 12-22-2000 09:27 PM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good point -
THANKS !

Jordi

quote:
Originally posted by ProzacPain:
You have to tell the bombardier to to use the bomb site if he isn't already. Right click and bring up the rose and click on the bombsite icon.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.