my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Your gonna think Im crazy but....

Author Topic: Your gonna think Im crazy but....
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 12-22-2000 12:28 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received my copy of 17-2 this afternoon from a swap with MAXIMUS(Thanks again ), and after installing I ran a quick combat. My specs are:

P2 266mz
96mb 66mz RAM
Voodoo2/ATI Rage 2c
Yamaha OPL/sax onboard sound

Yes I did have a lockup after about ten minutes, so I rebooted, increased my swapfile size from 200 to 400 mb, ran Norton Utilities to optimize the new swapfile, and BANG! Im good to go! All the graphics are set to balanced, and Im running it at 8x6. As many of you have reported, I too experience a lag of between 2-4 seconds switching views, but after the Horror stories Ive been hearing Im amazed at how weel it runs on this old box. Ofcourse its not silky smooth, but I didnt expect it to be. This makes me real curious to see how it runs on the new 933mz box Santa's got in the closet for me

My one question is: how to I look back up after hitting the I key to look at the instrunments? I keep hitting W, but it isnt bringing me back to the window view?

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Roberts
Member # 8770

posted 12-22-2000 12:38 PM     Profile for Roberts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Knight!

Not all station have Window-view, some just have Compartment- (C), Instrument- (I) and Action-view (A).

Good to hear the game is running good for you.

/Roberts

[This message has been edited by Roberts (edited 12-22-2000).]

Posts: 18 | From: Stockholm,Sweden | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
JustFree_03
Member # 242

posted 12-22-2000 02:34 PM     Profile for JustFree_03   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, I was running it great on a P2 300, until I upgraded my RAM, then it went to hell, see my post "In game but showing, desktop"
Posts: 74 | From: Beaverton, Oregon, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
bisher
Member # 6678

posted 12-22-2000 05:44 PM     Profile for bisher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blond_knight, you are crazy

just kidding, am too glad to hear it runs well on your machine

Posts: 56 | From: brandon, manitoba, canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.