my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Rate mode on bombsight?

Author Topic: Rate mode on bombsight?
MartinK
Member # 7795

posted 12-21-2000 01:45 PM     Profile for MartinK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's easy for me to adjust the up and down movement after locking, but how do I move left and right? It seems that there is a long delay between when I move the stick, and when I see the effect of the movement.

Martin

Posts: 33 | From: Sandefjord, Norway | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 12-21-2000 02:30 PM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is EXACTLY how it works. The LEFT and Right Movement takes a while to take affect.

So move your stick L or R and WAIT to see if it kills the drift. If not do it again - SLOWLY till you kill the drift.

Jordi

harley
Member # 7346

posted 12-21-2000 03:46 PM     Profile for harley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MartinK:
It's easy for me to adjust the up and down movement after locking, but how do I move left and right? It seems that there is a long delay between when I move the stick, and when I see the effect of the movement.

Martin

What Jordi Said.

And - remember you are not trying to move the crosshairs. If, when you release the bombs, the crosshairs are moving left/right or up/down you WILL miss the target. The idea with the rate/drift control is to picka point (any point) and keep the crosshairs on it. If you are at the wrong point of the target go to search mode & then relock it. Don't try it if you are too close to the target though - you need a 20 second run for the norden to sort itself out. (though it can be done with less)

On a side note - my Bombadeir has flown 8 or 9 missions with picklebarrel accuracy with me at the controls - his rating is now excellent.

On a recent mission a 17 had to leave the formation, and with only 2 engines the AI pilot couldn't keep level. During the bomb run I was in control of this 17 trying to gain height to stop him from crashing, hoping to get back to my plane to check the bomb release.

Well, I finally got enough height, changed back to my plane just in time for "bombs away" Arrrgh!

Wel, whaddya know? They dropped right in the centre of the target. A job well done by the AI.

Posts: 12 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.