my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » The H key

Author Topic: The H key
John Farrar
Member # 8804

posted 12-21-2000 03:01 AM     Profile for John Farrar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The H key is supposed to bring up a cone to help with taxiing but I don't get the cone. Presumably this is from the pilot's action screen. Pressing CTRL + H toggles the flight info in the top left corner of the screen but that's all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Posts: 5 | From: Hayle Cornwall UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ian Boys
Member # 7801

posted 12-21-2000 04:47 AM     Profile for Ian Boys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it doesn't seem to appear during training missions. However it appears every time in "proper" missions.

Unlike the cone in CFS/2, it won't appear in front of your a/c. Instead it appears as a sort of waypoint marker, so you need to switch to the external view and look around for it.

Ian

Posts: 33 | From: London UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
John Farrar
Member # 8804

posted 12-21-2000 05:08 AM     Profile for John Farrar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Ian
Yes you're right. I had not got around to trying a full mission so it seems as if this facility is not availabe in the training mission which is rather daft. I hope it will be included in the first patch.
Thanks and a Happy Christmas to you.

Posts: 5 | From: Hayle Cornwall UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
libor
Member # 7986

posted 12-21-2000 09:02 AM     Profile for libor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi John,
I don't know about the others but I can see the cone from the outside view only. No cone from the action view either - no matter what kind of mission one flies.

Posts: 9 | From: Czech Republic | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thomas AV8R Spann
Member # 2732

posted 12-21-2000 01:01 PM     Profile for Thomas AV8R Spann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And while we are talking about Training missions...

I never see FLAK in any of the quick start or training missions. Whats with that?

It seems like you have to be in a real historic mission/campaign before you get to deal with flak. ???

Also, why doesnt the COMPUTER AI feature also autostart the plane and take it up in the training missions? Seems like I had to study all the control's positions in the landing training mission before I knew what the controls (mags, trottles, superchargers, feather, mixture) were to be set at before I could take off.

A good picture in the manual would have sufficed. The HELP feature could have done all this for the newbie pilot too.

AV8R

Ragtag_131st
Member # 8195

posted 12-21-2000 04:46 PM     Profile for Ragtag_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And it seems to me that you dont have the manual or did'nt read it
anvil
Member # 7613

posted 12-22-2000 09:24 AM     Profile for anvil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
they all work for me,, but a lot of stuff doesn't work in the pirated version..
Posts: 31 | From: Woodland Park, Co, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.