my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Ok, so I picked it up tonight but...

Author Topic: Ok, so I picked it up tonight but...
jverduin
Member # 8621

posted 12-20-2000 09:58 PM     Profile for jverduin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have only loaded it up here but I have noticed that a good portion of the keys are not working. I take it into manual mode using the M key but cannot taxi. The brake keys are not working and the F3 and F4 keys do not take me to their respective views. Is this a common problem? Or do I need to just screw with it longer?

Posts: 9 | From: Grand Rapids MI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
ronjon
Member # 4193

posted 12-21-2000 01:29 AM     Profile for ronjon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
screw with it....I've been messin' around with it for some time now and I have the basics of taxi-ing and what not. It's not quite as intuitive as you may have hoped for.
make sure that before u taxi that you have the tail wheel brake off as the best you can hope for is a straight line otherwise. I would also recommend going throught that first training mission in the manual to help get you familiarized with different aspects of the sim. good luck...

rj

The Biss
Member # 3410

posted 12-21-2000 08:36 AM     Profile for The Biss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Make sure you've unlocked the tail wheel or you can brake all day long and the *** end won't turn.
Posts: 141 | From: Wake Forest, NC 27587 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
jverduin
Member # 8621

posted 12-21-2000 04:39 PM     Profile for jverduin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanx for the advice guys. A little more time and I got it down. But why doesn't the F3, F4 etc keys function to get me to the instrument panels for pilot and copilot. Is this a misprint in the foldout?

Posts: 9 | From: Grand Rapids MI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.