my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Engine sound or Machine guns sounds ?

Author Topic: Engine sound or Machine guns sounds ?
Jester_WCS
Member # 8782

posted 12-20-2000 03:54 AM     Profile for Jester_WCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On my config, it seems that I can't have both in the same time....
When I open fire at an incomming fighter I hear gun's sound for the ten first shot then nothing more, the engine sound comes back and no more gun's sounds

Posts: 5 | From: Bordeaux, Gironde, France | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Biss
Member # 3410

posted 12-20-2000 08:59 AM     Profile for The Biss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jester... same problem.
After the first 10-20 tracers, the shot sounds fade out and the servo sounds for the turrets also fade. Ive never had the fading engine problems though.

Posts: 141 | From: Wake Forest, NC 27587 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jester_WCS
Member # 8782

posted 12-21-2000 02:48 AM     Profile for Jester_WCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THX, I've read somewhere that the sound problems have to deal with the graphic board !!!
It seems that many Geforce 2 GTS owners (like me) complain about this behavior.
At this time I've no solution to solve it...

May be later..
Regards

Posts: 5 | From: Bordeaux, Gironde, France | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
StevieK2
Member # 8733

posted 12-21-2000 08:47 AM     Profile for StevieK2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an OEM Creative Labs chip ES1371 built into the mobo that thinks it's a SB128 PCI. It shouldn't suport A3D as far as I know, but when I ticked A3D in the options screen before launching the game, I got full sounds back. Superb cannons, turned ambient sound to detailed, and I even get the ejected cartridges hitting the fuselage floor.

StevieK2
Member # 8733

posted 12-21-2000 08:49 AM     Profile for StevieK2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PS: I also have a GeForce 256 SDR from Creative Labs - doesn't cause any sound issues anywhere else, so please don't point badly-educated guesses at a perfectly good piece of kit!

(huff, puff, snort, bah humbug)

Tan`Haal
Member # 6399

posted 12-21-2000 08:58 AM     Profile for Tan`Haal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the same problem with an Asus V3800 (TNT2), I'll try with that A3D option checked, but I'm afraid my old SB16 doesn't support that...
Posts: 19 | From: Massa Marittima, Italy | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
masterskop
Member # 8795

posted 12-21-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for masterskop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where is the A3D option located. I have the SBlive value card. Can't find it in the setup.ds

quote:
Originally posted by Tan`Haal:
I got the same problem with an Asus V3800 (TNT2), I'll try with that A3D option checked, but I'm afraid my old SB16 doesn't support that...

Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 12-21-2000 10:58 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try turning down Hardware acceleration one notch on your sound card utility.

Boxcar

Posts: 317 | From: Vancouver,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.