my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » B-17 Flaws

Author Topic: B-17 Flaws
bathawk
Member # 7393

posted 12-17-2000 01:11 PM     Profile for bathawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first B-17 game that came out by Microprose was the first computer game I ever had. I loved it!(back then I was playing it on my old 486DX 66Mhz with 8MB RAM. I thought it was a very good sim. Very intense and submersive. I have waited a long time for B-172. I even e-mailed Microprose a few years ago and asked if they were going to make a 2nd B-17. at the time they said that they had no immediate plans. (Maybe I gave them the idea, ha, ha). Anyway, there are some improvements to the game, likr graphics. But even those could be improved somewhat. The wheels are not circular and the B-17 skin is not as well detailed as CFS2's planes. They have no place to edit and put your own nose art on the plane. Every single mission the navigator or pilot keep saying they are lost eventhough they are right on track(just like the first game. 8 years and they can't even improve that flaw). I am not one who knocks computer games, but my expectations on this one was higher until I played my first mission. I'll keep playing and maybe it'll grow a little on me.
Posts: 20 | From: Orem, Utah USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.