my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Just one brain???

Author Topic: Just one brain???
bighead111
Member # 3318

posted 12-04-2000 11:10 AM     Profile for bighead111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK let me first of all say it is good game, a very good one!! However you really need a very good machine to run it smoothly. Hey you guys who have very high specs machines, like P3 800 or above with 256MB or above and a very good 3D card, can you run it just like seeing a movie??? I guess if you have 1Ghz or better cpu with huge size RAM, and then you will have a satisfactory result. Of course assuming it is bug free or is it?? Never mind!!

Secondly, can anyone tell this please? Why couldn't all others drop the bombs on the targets when I missed them? Looked like one me got brain, others just dumb ass???

Posts: 299 | From: london | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sneaky
Member # 3941

posted 12-04-2000 12:54 PM     Profile for Sneaky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bighead, my AMDk6/2 500 with 128mb ram and a voodoo4/4500 runs it like a dream, and that is no "big rig."

Regards from the West Country,

Sneaky.

Posts: 264 | From: Cornwall England | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 12-04-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yer tiz, the long dreaded Cornish invasion of these boards. Proper job, boy....

Similar system (substitute P3 and ATI Rage Fury 32mb), and similar results. It would run faster and smoother with a bigger processor of course, but then EVERY sim would run faster and smoother with a bigger processor !!

As to Bighead's second question, the answer is simple - the rest of your planes have clones of your own bombardier, who you have probably discovered by now couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces ...... Should have taken pasties with them, and dropped them instead..

[This message has been edited by Hertston (edited 12-04-2000).]

Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 12-05-2000 01:12 AM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

...... Should have taken pasties with them, and dropped them instead..

Why dont u drop the bombardier, if he is that bad...

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.