my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Ironic

Author Topic: Ironic
Von_Trout
Member # 6738

posted 12-03-2000 10:00 PM     Profile for Von_Trout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Take a look at most every other forum on this site. Do you see a sense of paranoia concerning questions about how to operate something or posting a how to? It seems that this is the only forum/game where if you ask a question you are judged a pirate and interrogated by the Spanish Inquisition.

Let’s take look at a “what if” situation here. Say someone OCR’ed the manual page by page and posted it for the downloading (not a PDF as someone mentioned earlier). What sort of protection of the innocent and legit would then be taken? While not the best example I think it illustrates the point.

Say you have never played Falcon 4, and you post a question here in the F4 forum on how to correctly operate and employ the air-to-air radar even though you have read the manual. You check back later to find that someone has responded to you message with a, “Read the Manual”, “Check page 4-2 thru 4-34”, “hum…seems this guy is a warez”, or “I will e-mail you the answer if you can tell me what the only blue heading title is on page 2 of chapter 26”. I don’t think the gold at Fort Knox is guarded as well as the information requested by posters here or at BA.

I for one appreciate the money and hours invested to make this sim see the light of day. I do not however, appreciate the “guilty until proven innocent” rap given to posters on these two forums. It’s also sad to see that when someone expresses his or her opinion on a mater such as this they are flamed and in short, told to take a hike if they do not agree.

My piece be said,

VT

[This message has been edited by Von_Trout (edited 12-03-2000).]

Posts: 11 | From: Hampton, VA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sinkhole33
Member # 3684

posted 12-03-2000 11:32 PM     Profile for Sinkhole33     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I agree. But I've also downloaded some warez myself. I can't imagine paying 40 bucks for a game that I will probably only play a few days. I buy it if it is something like B-17 where I will make a commitment.
Unknown Soldier
Member # 7288

posted 12-04-2000 12:09 AM     Profile for Unknown Soldier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A lot of the visitors who come to this forum, are from the bombs-away forums. These visitors had the priviledge of having the game developers allow them to give feedback right from the early developement stages of this sim. I think the main reasons why people are so defensive about the simulation, is because, not only do they know the developers took great pride in building this, they also feel like they contributed themselves.

In short, this simulation is the pride of a whole community.

Now, there are those who will defend this sim as though it was their very own baby continueing to work together to make the best of it. And then, we have those who seem incapable of accepting the unfortunate outcomes of real business decisions made by those who actually risk financing such products.

Some people are mature about things, and others still need to grow up.

[This message has been edited by Unknown Soldier (edited 12-04-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.