my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Plummerx, do you actually own the game?

Author Topic: Plummerx, do you actually own the game?
PatrickCorbett123
Member # 8281

posted 12-03-2000 03:31 PM     Profile for PatrickCorbett123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wondering.
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 12-03-2000 03:43 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
allow me to answer for him...speaking from his actual posts, and what he has answered to that question:

it is NO

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
PatrickCorbett123
Member # 8281

posted 12-03-2000 03:59 PM     Profile for PatrickCorbett123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, just curious.

Does he at least have some form of copy?

Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 12-03-2000 04:47 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He has legitimate concerns regarding hasblo, to-whit that they will give vague promises of fully supporting B17-2 with much needed patches and then dump the game after it's sold x number of copies.

Like they did with gunshit etc.

Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JamesP
Member # 4131

posted 12-03-2000 04:59 PM     Profile for JamesP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

From what I've seen I have to agree with Plummerx. If Hasbro isn't gonna support this game(and I'm not saying that they aren't), then I won't bother with it, until I've rented it for a couple of days to check what it's like on my system, and if it's at an acceptable level of "buggyness"

Regards James

Posts: 87 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
PatrickCorbett123
Member # 8281

posted 12-03-2000 05:45 PM     Profile for PatrickCorbett123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If he doesn't own the game, no body owes him anything. If he buys it, then hasbro has an obligation to support him. Until he gets is, I don't think he has a right to complain.

"You don't vote, you don't have a right to complain about the government"

plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-03-2000 05:50 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PC..Hmmm ironic initials.
In the meantime, You are not in any position to put parameters on what I may or may not comment on. So comment I will.
Glad thoug that you agree with me that hasbro should get off it's ass and patch Gunship.
The fact that they refuse to do so, casts substantial doubt on anything they say. They are seasoned liars.

Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 12-03-2000 06:47 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PatrickCorbett123,
You're hardly in a position to take the moral high ground here, considering that you're running the warez version.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
James Hallows
Member # 2589

posted 12-03-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for James Hallows   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Plummerx

Please take some time to check out http://www.bombs-away.net/ and the forums there. You will see the developers of this sim taking note of problems people are having, and trying to coordinate results to address the problems. I've met some of the people responsible for this sim, and enjoyed their enthusiasm for the hobby that we all love.

Quite frankly, if you're not prepared to be a whole lot more respectful, then all that you're going to do, with the help of the rest of the illiterate masses who insist in whining away, is to kill off something that I and a whole load of other people here really enjoy.

Have you any concept as to how much work and talent goes into producing a flightsim? Let alone the costs?

I don't know whether you realise that recently, the Janes group were given the boot (remember F15, F18?). In one of CJ's posts in the newsgroups, he says this: "The expected feature list is very long, and people don't want to listen to your reasons why you couldn't include their
pet feature. It's an unhealthy environment, one that needs to change IMHO."

Take note. So please either get constructive, or get out of these flight sim forums.

James

Posts: 144 | From: Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
PatrickCorbett123
Member # 8281

posted 12-03-2000 08:03 PM     Profile for PatrickCorbett123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey vanc. If you learnt to read, you'd notice I bought the game and had the warez until i got it in the mail. If you continued down that forum section, you'd see I got it in the mail on Friday from www.softwarefirst.com So i have MUCH more right to complain/compliment than plummerx.

[This message has been edited by PatrickCorbett123 (edited 12-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by PatrickCorbett123 (edited 12-03-2000).]

plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-03-2000 08:13 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
James, I regularly lurk on the BA boards. i haven't chosen to post there....yet.
I do not doubt waywards enthusiasm for the game.
In the same respect, I do not doubt the enthusiasm of hasbro to release it, sell as many copies of a broken product as possible, and run for the hills, laughing maniacly
I am not buying the assertion that this program went through extensive beta, and had no known problems at release. Sorry, given the number of trouble reports this is just not a credable arguement to make.

Am I aware of how much is costs to make a sim? Yes. Does that matter? No. Not in the context of releasing software that won't run properly for many users.However, from the reports of individuals who have the game running well, it's worth more than it's asking price.
This is where we gamers fail. We demand a lot but don't want to pay for it.
For those of you who have the game and have it running, would it be worth say $80 U.S. if released bug free? Very probably
Personally, I am willing to pay more for a bug free and excellent product. This $50 barrier we have artificially created is helping to kill sims.
I am aware of the demise of EA Baltimore. Jane's. Looking Glass, and a host of other sim developers. Some of those might still be in business if:
1. We demanded the highest quality.
2. We paid commensuratly.
So we too have a role here, but that does not change the fact that Hasbro are the lowest of the low.

Soundwave
Member # 7119

posted 12-03-2000 09:30 PM     Profile for Soundwave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You say Hasbro is the lowest of the lows, yet you place your order before it is even release here in the US.

Try not to just react impulsively, and really think about it. You've got some work ahead of you. Seriously.

plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-03-2000 10:14 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounded more like a horoscope.
Just say it man. Say It. Say IT. SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.