my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » 2132 post so far

Author Topic: 2132 post so far
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-02-2000 05:30 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the BA.net troubleshooting board. Now not every poast contains the report of a problem, but a substantial percent do. And a substantial percentage contain preposterous workarounds.
Amazing. Simply amazing that this thing would sail through beta with this many problems,encounterd such a short time after release.
And still no defitive word of a patch.

Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
JV_44 Wilder
Member # 7646

posted 12-02-2000 05:56 PM     Profile for JV_44 Wilder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What we have here is a shocking waste of a good game to bolster the flagging fortunes of a dying toy company that has destroyed the hopes of thousands of sim enthusiasts. 2132 is only the tip of the iceberg....wait till America gets this game...that number is gonna rocket...When you realise that a 2 year old game won't run on your 256k 1ghz gforce ultra rigs...my god you're gonna be pissed....enjoy!!!!!!!

------------------
Tonight we drink...For tomorrow we ride on fresh horses!

Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Schurem
Member # 1345

posted 12-02-2000 06:01 PM     Profile for Schurem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
plummer darlin, why don't you go bomb something in a game that DOES work for you instead of trying to sink this boat?
your actions are more damaging than piracy IMHO

Posts: 200 | From: nijmegen, netherlands | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-02-2000 06:06 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In no way do I intend to do damage, and I seriously doubt that in fact I am doing any. After all. I am just a little only gamer. Habro is the big baddass corperation.
If the reality that B-17II is riddled with defects, which in my opinion it is, the the damage done is by themselves. And by not fixing it, they they move down the path to a ruinous future for a fine game.
All by their own hand. Not mine.

Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 12-02-2000 08:56 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What makes me REALLY sick about hasblo and the scum that run it is they bought Micrprose simply to get their hands on it's name, realised it was bugger-all use to them and destroyed it.

They are the worse kind of vermin. Microprose was a fine house, going back many years and an important part of any simmer's heritage.

What a crying shame Wayward have any involvement with them.

Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Roger
Member # 3466

posted 12-02-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for Roger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like my theory below was right -

" Firstly the publishers are arseholes for not doing a simultaneous world wide release -
excuse is localisation i believe between UK to USA English - uh duhhh - lost me there ??

Or more like the product is bug ridden and the UK audience is being used as guinea pigs
to iron out the bugs , before a later patched version is released onto the USA market ,
perhaps thats my theory - publishers know if that if thet piss off the larger numerical
USA market by releasing a buggy product , the product gets a bad reputation , and the
product flops !! "

To Siggi i totally agree and feel with you re Microprose -
i would go one step further and say this is why i personally have very little respect for Bill Stealey or Gilman Louie , because they all bear responsibility for the rape and pillage of Microprose and its downfall at the hands of Hasbro .

At the end of the day it boiled down to greed and the dollar ! Thats my own personal opinion for what its worth !

Look how badly bugged Falcon 4 was / still is !!
Maybe if Microprose had been allowed to flourish like it did in the golden days of Amiga sims , and coupled with todays pc specs - god only know what virtual world sims and electronic battlefields we would be flying over - ahh well we will never know !

All we need now is for Rage's Typhoon to suck major balls , from the screenies i have seen , im not that impressed the terrain and ground detaIl looks no better that EF2000 / TAW imho !!

I need to play B17 2 nore than the 60 mins so fae i have invested before casting my truthful B17 feeligs and opinions onto the waters of this forum though.

Roger

Posts: 290 | From: St.Albans ,Herts , England , UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
PatrickCorbett123
Member # 8281

posted 12-02-2000 10:05 PM     Profile for PatrickCorbett123   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(removed)

[This message has been edited by PatrickCorbett123 (edited 12-03-2000).]

Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 12-03-2000 07:52 AM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simply amazing that this thing would sail through beta with this many problems,encounterd such a short time after release.
And still no defitive word of a patch.[/B][/QUOTE]

Sail through Beta? It was in Beta for almost a year and half! And it STILL has problems. Imagine what would have happened if they released it after E3 when they said" its ready in two more weeks!" heh, yeah right.

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives, until I give you the signal." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Soundwave
Member # 7119

posted 12-03-2000 09:02 AM     Profile for Soundwave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like an Al Gore, corporate bashing, love fest to me. Pretty sad.
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 12-03-2000 05:57 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a bit less than 24 hours, the troubleshooting forum has grown 175 POSTS!
At the current rate, the size should increase to WELL over 3000 messages by the end of the week.
If hasbro do not act, this may well degrade into the biggest debacle in the history of the genre.
HASBRO FIX YOU PRODUCT.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.