my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » I discovered that you can................

Author Topic: I discovered that you can................
Drylouvre
unregistered

posted 11-26-2000 02:59 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
look at (in 3D) any ground point or object. Just lock any position or object with the norden sight in the same way that you would when bombing (obviously you don't switch on the panel or invoke the autopilot). Then just press F6 as you would to watch the bombs. You will need to press it three times
1: bomb bay view
2: straight down view
3: view of ground or object
You can then zoom and pan around it as normal!
You have all probably figured this out already but I felt good about it LOL

BTW, in my last mission, which was to Cologne, the fighter attacks were murderous. Just before the IP we were attacked by two waves of FWs in quick succession. I was the RW gunner when the 17 closest to us got a starboard wing full of cannon shells. Both engines immediately caught fire and the 17 peeled off high and right and then dropped back so that I couldn't see it. I switched to the exterior view and saw it slowly attempt to drop back down and to the left to get back in formation. Maybe the pilot was hit, I don't know, but basically he just ploughed into another 17 chopping that one in half and ripping his own starboard wing off. I only saw two chutes from the both of them. Weird and horrifying.

Anyway, I absolutely love this game!

Dry

IP: Logged
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 11-26-2000 03:27 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah yes, very good news. I love target views. I am very pleased to hear this. It must look very cool to look up at the Forts as the fly overhead while raining their destruction on you.
Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr Man
unregistered

posted 11-27-2000 06:44 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uummmmm! do we have another warez user here?
the method you`ve just described about pressing F6 is described in full in the manual during the training missions walk through!! you DO have the manual dont u ?

Drylouvre
unregistered

posted 11-27-2000 10:57 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I do have the full game but nowhere in the manual does it explain that you can look at any object and not just the one that you lock up and bomb! For instance, no one is likely to get an order to bomb one of the coastal radar sites in England but on the way back if you lock it up and then press F6 as described in the manual you can see one in all it's glory - masts, buildings, support wires etc etc.

I was just trying to be helpful and, as I posted, I am sure that everyone else had already got this figured out............

Drylouvre

MojoFlow
Member # 2010

posted 11-27-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for MojoFlow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't take it too personally drylouvre. There has been people talking about warez copies floating around, so everyone is pissed off, and has their back up.

For everyone else,

Lighten up a little bit. We don't want to push people away that have valid questions.

mojoflow out!

Posts: 74 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.