my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Tracer

Author Topic: Tracer
Robbo6
Member # 8147

posted 11-26-2000 02:34 PM     Profile for Robbo6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Gee you shouldn't have said that about Robbo6s machine! It's the softwares fault not *his* machine.....of course he wont blame the company whom makes his sound drivers or Gcard drivers...nope it's not there fault?

Put it this way i bought Carma TDR 2000,had lots of corruption and CTD's with it running latest V3 drivers..so i asked Torus what version of drivers they used..low and behold they write back and tell me so that i could install drivers that were about 6months out of date(but they worked!)

So how about writing to who ever makes your Graphics/Sound Card and asking them if they will patch them Robbo6?
Instead of bitching about a game which clearly works on other peoples machines and clearly points to driver/DX## even OS problems on yours.

Granted there will be small bugs in a game of this size(in the software)....but none that are detrimental as in Gunship or even the initial release of F4

Yes i was out of order with my comments about PCWorld machines.....but if you want the best then build it!

Tracer"

Bloody hell you're out of order....I work in IT and Have a well tuned PC that has NO PROBLEMS WITH OTHER GAMES......B172 is an amazing game but has some serious texture problems. I have tried all the drivers for my system to no avail. I love this game but the texture problem is really bad.

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 11-26-2000 04:24 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It looks like there is a pattern developing Robbo 6 with Athlon VIA boards being *the problem*
People with PIII systems are reporting very good performance with B-17II (i for one)

Keep a watch out it looks like this is the problem

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.