my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » #1 PC Title at Software First . . .

Author Topic: #1 PC Title at Software First . . .
Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 11-26-2000 12:07 PM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many titles do you think they sold to get there after a few days ?

1. B17 The Mighty Eighth
2. Championship Manager 2000/2001
3. Escape From Monkey Island
4. Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
5. Sudden Strike
6. Fifa 2001
7. Unreal Tournament Edition
8. Combat Flight Simulator 2 WW2 Pacific Theatre
9. Age Of Empires 2 The Conquerors Expansion
10. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2

[This message has been edited by Jordi (edited 11-26-2000).]

Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-26-2000 02:25 PM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... that's good to see. Perhaps the ol' flightsim ain't dead quite yet

Nice to see Sudden Strike up there too - at last an RTS game that isn't just a rehash of Dune 2. Strongly recommended for RTS fans (and wargamers seeking a little light relief).

[This message has been edited by Hertston (edited 11-26-2000).]

Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMikey
Member # 4011

posted 11-26-2000 10:32 PM     Profile for TheMikey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do they have a list of most-returned-games? Because I think it will be at the top of that list next week if something isn't done. Sorry, I'm just so dis-heartened by reading the negative posts. . . have cancelled my order.

[This message has been edited by TheMikey (edited 11-26-2000).]

patrickcorbett123
unregistered

posted 11-26-2000 10:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mikey,

Have you ever thought that maybe the only people who post are having problems and no body else?

People tend to bitch and whine when they have problems, but say nothing when all goes well.

IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 11-26-2000 10:43 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that a list of most reported bugs Jordi?

I know, I know.. low blow.. but I'm a bastage.

Also, taking the numbers from Software first is a little misleading, since almost everyone ordered from there because they would get the game earlier.

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 11-26-2000 10:44 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by patrickcorbett123:
Mikey,

Have you ever thought that maybe the only people who post are having problems and no body else?

People tend to bitch and whine when they have problems, but say nothing when all goes well.

http://www.bombs-away.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004672.html

That thread has a "survey" of sorts, counting the people that can run B17-2 and those that can't.

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
UPS
Member # 7856

posted 11-26-2000 10:46 PM     Profile for UPS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Mikey you really should have tried the game first, you know, to see if you are satisfied with it. I would have loved reading a review of the game from you. You see, you have the same view I have on B-17 2, we are both a little apprehensive of buying it at this time. You most likely would have been very objective in your review.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.