my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Got it :-)

Author Topic: Got it :-)
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 11-26-2000 10:12 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, got B17-II yesterday, UK-Import - (thanks to meik, my very reliable local software-dealer), and itīs multi-language.

OK, i donīt like the way terrain and cloud-textures are popping up, flying the fighters isnīt well done imo (much better in CFS2), but the simulation of handling the B17 and the crew is very cool and immersive.I like this one.

There was a guy in this forum always asking for mountains (donīt remember the name), hmm, what iīve seen so far the whole terrain is flat like a mirror (or Kate Moss <g> )

Runnig smooth and without any problems on my system in 1024x768, 32bit, Hardware-T&L

PIII [email protected]
Elsa Gladiac Geforce GTS-2 with 32 MB DDR
256 MB RAM
Soundblaster Live!-Value

------------------
Greetings from the Luftwaffe

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 11-26-2000 10:18 AM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Run a Squadron commander Mission and makeaflight plan to the ALPS ( S and SE part of map ) you will see Mtns !

Take a flight to the whit cliffs opr the french coast - There are hils. cligs, rolling terrain.

From 10-20-30 K it ALL Looks flat -down in the weeds it is not flat.

Jordi

Jordi
Member # 2937

posted 11-26-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for Jordi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jordi:
Run a Squadron commander Mission and make a flight plan to the ALPS ( S and SE part of map ) you will see Moutains !

Take a flight to the white cliffs of Dover or the french coast - There are hills, cliffs, and rolling terrain.

From 10-20-30 K it ALL Looks flat - down in the weeds it is not flat.

Jordi

Casey
Member # 873

posted 11-26-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kate may be somewhat flat but at least she looks good!

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 11-27-2000 05:38 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Jordi, iīll have to check this out...
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 11-27-2000 05:40 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Jordi, iīll have to check this out...
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 11-27-2000 07:26 AM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there an Echo in here?

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives, until I give you the signal." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 11-27-2000 07:28 AM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there an Echo in here?

------------------
"Do not needlessly endanger your lives, until I give you the signal." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ojokoltsa
Member # 3286

posted 11-27-2000 08:16 AM     Profile for Ojokoltsa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

------------------
Ojokoltsa

Coldwar:Flashpoint

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

Đ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.