my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Iain..read this if you DARE!

Author Topic: Iain..read this if you DARE!
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 09-01-2000 08:22 AM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just desperate to get your attention!
Hey, the game looks great and I can't wait to get my copy! Could you let me know a couple of things? I was wondering about "views". Are there outside views from enemy targets to aircraft, tower view, etc? Also is there a mission recorder/playback? You guys have done what appears to be an incredible job! The Big Bird looks Gorgeous and I can't wait to take flight and release some of those bombs!!!! Oh and one more thing, do you think it will be Oct. or Nov. before she ships? Of course you probably would not dare answer that one, but I thought it was worth a try!

Thanks.

Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Iain @ Wayward
Member # 6274

posted 09-01-2000 10:41 AM     Profile for Iain @ Wayward   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We've gone more for giving the player the freedom to look FROM things rather than TO them.

You can padlock fighters and airfields from the aircraft. You can move to external views and sling that camera around. We have a camera fixed from the centre of the target - so you can look at those bombs coming in or - as you say - look up at the Forts flying overhead.

You can switch to the enemy fighters and of course, they've got external and internal views too.

Due to the way the game works, a mission recorder wasn't possible. Sorry.

Cheers,

Iain

DM
Member # 1845

posted 09-03-2000 04:35 PM     Profile for DM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! I nearly didn't read this because of the title!

Its just good to read some positive spin for a change. You'd have thought some people here were being personally violated the anger they put into their posts.

Ian, you can release the sim in any old state you like just as long as it remains a sim and doesn't get dumbed down any.

------------------
"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."

Posts: 307 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 09-03-2000 09:20 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah it was pretty deceptive, but I thought baiting the hook would get the quick response I was looking for!

I agree that it is nice to read some positive comments with all the other poison out there regarding the demise of the multiplayer aspect of the game. Although this is disappointng I am VERY HAPPY they are still releasing the game! I am so looking forward to flying that B-17! I still can't get enough of watching the start-up sequence Mpeg I downloaded from Bombs-away.net. I have pre-ordered my copy and now wait patiently (actually non-patiently) for it's arrival.

[This message has been edited by Snowman (edited 09-03-2000).]

Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.