my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Lets all pirate B17 II (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Lets all pirate B17 II
TWINHIT
Member # 1758

posted 09-05-2000 11:53 AM     Profile for TWINHIT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DISCLAIMER

1. I do NOT support piracy. And recommend that you do not engage in the practice of piracy.

2. I do NOT Support Liars.

3. Wayward is just as guilty of lying and perpetuating a lie as much as Hasbro is.
make no mistake about that.

4. Don't be surprised if some of the [b]loyalists are in fact employees of Hasbro, Microprose and...Wayward or a dedicated business that follows these boards around in efforts to squash "negative" opinons that Wayward themselves had given reason for.[/b]
If you don't follow this notice, then:

a) you have not seen the words and specs givin to those who had no reason to doubt.

b) you have not been familiar with the discussions that include "fellow board members" arguing with each other.

c) you have not seen the statements to the likes of: "Well, the sim does x feature this....Now before you holler, It is done quite well and hats off to wayward...."
POINT- Does a successful salesman sell a car by telling the customer all the bad things known about the car? No he does not! He will always attempt to steer you away from the negative side and yak about how good the car does this or that. Same smell happens with wayward, Hasbro, And many peculiar forum members.

Of course there are those will beg to differ. but anyone can come up with a name and "play fellow consumer" and play dirty games. Be wary.

ADVISORY,
Drop the Piracy talk. I agree that revenge can LOOK to be sweet, but that is not the answer and best thing to do is NOT buy the game and spread the word of mouth about why. Be sure to have all the facts though.

Even then, You cannot hurt wayward/hasbro/microprose and rage.....

Unless you have kids that play those "console" type games. tell your kids "no more hasbro toys for you" Then.... Always read the box and pass over "RAGE" products.
Spread the word the reasons why.

Will that even work? Not as effectively as one would like. It takes plenty of self discipline and self denial. And it would require a huge following. The modern mainstream mentality is no longer conditioned to live a code of honor and self respect.

WISEDOM

NOTES to the Youth, and all ages: (You CAN live without wants!!!)

Learn to be self reliant, and improvisional and be imaginative, creative and motivated.
in all things you do, do them honestly and see to it you put others first before yourselves in your ambitions.

But ALWAYS be honest and truthful with others, doing so you will be honest and truthful with yourselves.

Mad Copier
Member # 6607

posted 09-05-2000 12:15 PM     Profile for Mad Copier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TRACER, read what you wrote, you really have no idea about how the internet works, have you . I've been hacking for years. - Love that BO and Sub 7, oh and people with DSL.

THS COW RULES

[This message has been edited by Mad Copier (edited 09-05-2000).]

Posts: 5 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mad Copier
Member # 6607

posted 09-05-2000 12:20 PM     Profile for Mad Copier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Always use a standard modem, always use the best hard firewall, always use a random IP generator. anyway on reflection 2.99 seams a bit steep, I think 1.50 is a better price.

THE COW RULES

172ndBodyBag
Member # 6578

posted 09-05-2000 06:25 PM     Profile for 172ndBodyBag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Robster, There's an EB in Edmonton??
Where?

172ndBodyBag
Member # 6578

posted 09-05-2000 06:26 PM     Profile for 172ndBodyBag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Robster, There's an EB in Edmonton??
Where?

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 09-06-2000 08:16 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Copier:
TRACER, read what you wrote, you really have no idea about how the internet works, have you . I've been hacking for years. - Love that BO and Sub 7, oh and people with DSL.

THS COW RULES

You dial into the same or multiple ISPs the number is logged where you phone from!
*ALL* sites you visit are kept on record for 2 years- same as emails transactions and are used in any criminal case against you.
"How do you think hackers are caught?"
May take some time but "what goes around comes around"

You like all the rest think you are invincible..............It's funny how your smile looks so different when it's on the other side of steel bars!
don't say i never told you so?

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Iain @ Wayward
Member # 6274

posted 09-06-2000 08:28 AM     Profile for Iain @ Wayward   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For the record... I don't post about B-17 under a pseudonym. The plain fact is that some people are buzzed about what is a very good piece of software.

Not only that, but they're possibly reacting to certain posters criticisms. If extremist anti postings get more hyperbolic and less sensible, then you have to expect pro postings to do the same - that's the nature of forums.

Iain

Jedi Master
Member # 3223

posted 09-06-2000 10:12 AM     Profile for Jedi Master   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's an online version of a pissing contest, and it's rather stupid to see. Like people talking politics, religion, abortion, etc, people get into histrionics rather easily and lose all credibility. Such is man.
The Jedi Master

Posts: 477 | From: Coral Springs, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mad Copier
Member # 6607

posted 09-06-2000 12:06 PM     Profile for Mad Copier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer, so thats how they caught me. . Been there, case thrown out. Good lawyer, and new European Human Rights laws, [otherwise known as a licence to do anything - got to catch you in the act]. I'm still here . Anyway as I don't generally use forums, to busy doing other things. I'll let you lot go back to discussing B17-2. for what its worth I like Flight Sims, and I hope this one turns out ok, but I somehow doubt it. Do you think I'll get more buyers if I charge 1.00, with a free pack of Condoms

THE COWS RULES

Oh and TRACER, its depends where you dial from.

[This message has been edited by Mad Copier (edited 09-06-2000).]

Robbster
Member # 376

posted 09-06-2000 10:28 PM     Profile for Robbster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer

Unfortunately, due to logistics and cost it's not feasible to catch every person in the "act" of pirating software. Especially if your a small player. i.e a "casual" pirate who either buys games, burns them and returns them, or downloads warez of the Internet.

Similar to how they go after drug lords, Investigators concentrate their efforts on the source, i.e the big pirate groups/rings that distribute the stuff in enormous quantities as well as sell for major profit.

Sure, people will be caught and convicted, but for every person convicted there are literally thousands and thousands who get away with it on a continual basis. And when they bust a big pirate group/ring, it takes only a matter of weeks before before the flow of pirated software is back to the same volume as it was before the bust. It's virtually unstoppable at this point.

I'm certainly not condoning pirating software, just stating the obvious facts.

[This message has been edited by Robbster (edited 09-06-2000).]

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.