my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » B-17 II coming to PS2 as well? Am I reading this correctly?

Author Topic: B-17 II coming to PS2 as well? Am I reading this correctly?
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 08-28-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read this @ http://www.bombs-away.net

Wayward Studios, the highly acclaimed developer of B-17 Flying Fortress 2 for the PC, is to bring theWorld War II flying simulation to the Playstation 2. According to company officials, they are said to be
very excited about the new console and the potential it has for the future games market. Expect a US and European release around the console launch date.

Is this what I'm reading? Is there any truth to this? Personally I'm looking forward to my PS2 and this would be a very interesting title for the PS2 to see just how good this sort of game/sim would look on the console! Madden 2001 certainly looks GOOD!

Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 08-28-2000 06:51 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Snowman, I don't know about that, but a few months ago, I did a search on Amazon.com for CFS2 and they had a future release for one of the consoles, also (I can't remember if it was PS2 or one of the others). I was kind of interested, because I thought the graphics would be great on a dedicated machine, but have since decided to get a smokin PC. Somehow, I can't envision "console" gamers being willing to invest the time to learn a "hardcore" flightsim, but I could be (and hope I am) wrong.
Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shadow_12TFS
Member # 2307

posted 08-28-2000 10:37 PM     Profile for Shadow_12TFS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flying ANY hardcore sim on a gamepad would be, um.....
Well that wouldn't be right!

Posts: 277 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 08-29-2000 08:12 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Li'lJugs:
I can't envision "console" gamers being willing to invest the time to learn a "hardcore" flightsim, but I could be (and hope I am) wrong.

As with Typhoon when it is released,there will (i imagine) be two different versions.
One for PC and one for Consoles

It's nothing new that more games that were more "PC" on the pc (get it! ) are going all console-ly on us B&W,UT,Q3A etc it's just about sales.

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 08-31-2000 11:17 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
As with Typhoon when it is released,there will (i imagine) be two different versions.
One for PC and one for Consoles

Yes..there will be two version of Typhoon. Depending upon how much they have to strip down B-17 II for the PS2, there might be two version as well I suppose.

Since RAGE swallowed up both DID and Wayward; I guess they're behind the push for a PS2 version of both games. Hey, it's got to be a good way top make more of your money back.

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.