my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » What kinda cpu is this mega sim going to need

Author Topic: What kinda cpu is this mega sim going to need
ihcihc
unregistered

posted 11-06-1999 08:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the way it looks but I don't want to have to up grade my PIII 450 overclocked to 500 right yet.
IP: Logged
Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 11-07-1999 03:38 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm running a year old P2 400 and as soon as someone starts making AGP 4x/133 mhz boards for the Athlon (probably January) I'm there!.
Athlon 650mhz should be down to a more reasonable price and Wayward have been posting what sounds like an AMD ad, they're so impressed with it!

Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
gdavis
Member # 165

posted 11-08-1999 06:45 AM     Profile for gdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO Ihcihc you do not need to upgrade, your machine will be more than adequate.

A nice AGP graphics card like an NVidia TNT II will help the textures show to the max as will 128Mb or more of RAM.

The game will work fine with less RAM or a non AGP card, but there may be some down sampling of the textures.

Cheers

Graham

Posts: 36 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ihcihc
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 08:02 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I plan on upgrading to voodoo 4 as soon as it comes out. When will that be?
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.