my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Runaway props

Author Topic: Runaway props
Special Ed
unregistered

posted 11-05-1999 02:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Andrew, have you guys given any more thought into Runaway Props? Wouldn't you just LOVE to be the first sim to model them??

--Ed

IP: Logged
Germann Herring
Member # 787

posted 11-09-1999 03:40 PM     Profile for Germann Herring   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe it or not, they would not be the first. It was a very crude game by todays standards but God did I spend a lot of hours at it. The game was "50-Mission Crush" put out by SSI for the Commodore 64.

A "runaway" resulted in a mandatory bail-out and the mission was over.

Took me better than 6 months to survive 50 consecutive missions but I finally got my certificate from SSI (they offered a very nice framable certificate if you sent them a photo of the screen that would come up if you survived all 50). I only ever managed to do this once.

------------------
"A mind is like a parachute. It only functions when it is open." Sir Lewis Dewar

Posts: 36 | From: Harrison, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.