my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Reference Wing Gun Convergence

Author Topic: Reference Wing Gun Convergence
Gunfighter III
Member # 76

posted 10-25-1999 04:47 PM     Profile for Gunfighter III   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok..I know what you guys said about gun convergance, Id like to ask one more question on the subject. Can you also set the guns to fire above the flight path of the aircraft. This would allow the bulltes to be in the field of view of the pilot longer, especially during a turn. Could this aimpoint in realtion to the vertical axis of the guns also be user adjustable up say...5 degrees.

Thanks again Wayward

Gunfighter III

PS for a great site on Fighter Armaments and their discusion, go here
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8217/fgun/fgun-in.html

juzz
Member # 31

posted 10-26-1999 02:03 AM     Profile for juzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the P51 guns are tilted up ~3 degrees above the horizontal to correct for ballistics, and line up the gunsight correctly anyway. (This means that I can escape in my Komet with the use of a "secret move", even if I have no fuel left... )

Although, it sounds to me like you want a sort of SE5a Lewis gun (on a Foster mount) setup?, so you can "cut corners" when firing shots in a turning situation - unfortunately shooting "under the nose" is a realistic part of combat in WW2 era planes, learn to live with it

Posts: 125 | From: Oz | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Shere Khan
Member # 560

posted 10-26-1999 04:24 AM     Profile for Shere Khan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Or get a Boulton Paul Defiant with a turret behind the cockpit.

Apparently that took the opposition by surprise until they found out what it was.

Posts: 110 | From: Western Australia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.