my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Real Military Discussions   » Air Defense, Weapons, Platforms   » Questions about "Force Multipliers"

Author Topic: Questions about "Force Multipliers"
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 12-10-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I put together a world airpower statistics site a couple of years ago where I try to show a relative comparison of the air power available to all the different nations of the world.

But I'd like to improve on my site and go into more detail. So I have some questions for any of you experts out there.

1) What is the biggest "force multiplier", AWACS or airborne refuelers? Or, would you say both are equally important?

2) What is considered the proper ratio of tanker aircraft in an air force? If 1% of the aircraft in a given air force are tankers, is this enough to adequately support the entire fleet? Are a higher percentage of tankers needed? This assumes large-scale operations. For example, during the Desert Storm air campaign, how many KC-135 and/or KC-10's were normally aloft at any given time?

3) What is considered the proper ratio of AWACS aircraft? In general, how many aircraft can be controlled by a single E-3? In Desert Storm, how many E-3's were up at any given time?

Looking for some insight. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.