my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Real Military Discussions   » Air Defense, Weapons, Platforms   » missile speed and forum site

Author Topic: missile speed and forum site
-BEN
Member # 3569

posted 08-12-2000 07:19 AM     Profile for -BEN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to know when I read a speed's SAM of M 3 or 7 if the missile get this speed rapidely or if it is the speed after an long time flying ?

Is there any site with a forum dedicated to the weapons infos ?

madfly
Member # 1501

posted 08-12-2000 08:28 AM     Profile for madfly     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
See if this helps; http://www.fas.org/man/index.html

------------------
madfly

When all else fails ...read the manual!

Posts: 34 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
-BEN
Member # 3569

posted 08-12-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for -BEN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know FAS but I think that their infos are a little out of date .

Thanks .

Abrams
Member # 2631

posted 08-12-2000 01:32 PM     Profile for Abrams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Usually missiles accelerate to their max speed in the first few seconds of the flight. If they took their time they couldn't take the target out at close range since the missile can't maneuver well at low speeds.
Posts: 168 | From: NAS Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.