my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Real Military Discussions   » Air Defense, Weapons, Platforms   » Metal Storm - Amazing Electronic Guns, Mortars, 40 mm

Author Topic: Metal Storm - Amazing Electronic Guns, Mortars, 40 mm
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 06-29-2000 10:19 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Caught the very tail end of a Discovery Channel bit on advanced weapons. I saw this "Metal Storm" electronic gun developed by an Australian fellow whose claim to fame up until now was a sneaker that pumped air around your feet while you ran.

So I did a web search on Metal Storm and found some amazing video footage. If you have Download Accelerator (and why wouldn't you?) and a broadband Internet connection you have got to see this technology. For best quality, I highly recommend that you download the mpeg's rather than play them from the ftp location.

The Area Denial video is quite amazing!

Metal Storm Web Site Go visit it for more info. They are a public company so do them a favour and offset their download traffic bill and buy a few shares (I have no shares in the company, btw). Click "Video Releases" link in nav bar to go to the videos page.

Videos:
(To download, right-click the links and choose "Save Target As...")

------------------
Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 06-29-2000).]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Rosco
Member # 1779

posted 06-29-2000 10:44 PM     Profile for Rosco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent link Admin!

------------------
"And if you don't like it, eat a gun"

Posts: 984 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mailman
Member # 14

posted 07-10-2000 02:33 PM     Profile for Mailman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Something that annoys me is that quite often there will be a link to a file but it wont say how big that file is....its just a small thing that annoys me

Another thing that annoys me is when actually downloading a file it will say that its downloaded xxMB of a not known file.

I dunno....it appears to be common curtesy to put the size of the download down to let us know how big it is.

BUT...gee...these video's ROCK! Thanks to corporate access to the internet

Mailman

Posts: 766 | From: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rosco
Member # 1779

posted 07-10-2000 03:48 PM     Profile for Rosco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've got get yourself a real internet konnection, I downloaded, watched and binned all three within 10 minutes.

------------------

Raver
Member # 2100

posted 07-10-2000 04:57 PM     Profile for Raver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, yet another example of good ol' Aussie know-how! (pity that our own Government is not beating a path to buy the equipment, but that is typical!)

The Raver has spoken!

Posts: 276 | From: Melb/Aust | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
El Diablo
Member # 1229

posted 07-13-2000 07:09 PM     Profile for El Diablo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn man, how long are these freakin videos? I kinda gave up after about 20 meg... LOL. Didn't exactly have all day. Anyone know the size of those things?

El Diablo

Posts: 95 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rosco
Member # 1779

posted 07-13-2000 08:51 PM     Profile for Rosco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first capitalist oppressor video is 38 MBs, the second is 18 and the third is 37, a long wait indeed for your inferior American phoneline konnection!

------------------

El Diablo
Member # 1229

posted 07-14-2000 09:58 PM     Profile for El Diablo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow... Rosco woulda made a great propaganda writer for the KGB. He's got all the trademarks - praises the Evil Empire constantly , calls us "capitalist oppressors", and at the same time, overlooks the fact that most people in the former Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact can barely afford to eat, let alone get a cable modem. Of course, us Americans are a very tolerant people, and we let Red Flag Commies like Rosco post on message boards with the rest of us normal people.

El Diablo

Rosco
Member # 1779

posted 07-14-2000 11:13 PM     Profile for Rosco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kamerade Diablo >

Ha! Ha! you are an amusing running dog imperialist lackey, if nothing else! And what do you mean would have? The peace loving peoples of the glorious Soviet Republic lack nothing, that is merely a slanderous invention of the decadent imperialist propaganda machine!

I will agree with you in one thing however, you Americans are indeed tolerant to the point of foolishness, enough in fact to tolerate a "Red Flag Commie" in your own White House

Das vidaniya tovarish!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rosco (edited 07-14-2000).]

El Diablo
Member # 1229

posted 07-15-2000 06:20 PM     Profile for El Diablo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rosco - yes, the Russian people do lack a lot. Why have they been bashing Yeltsin for so long? He had to run away and put Putin on the spot, so people could start blaming him instead.

And I didn't vote for Clinton. Besides, he's not so much a Red Flag Commie as he is Cum-Stained Dumbass, hehe.

El Diablo

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.