Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: Ready Room.  
next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Real Military Discussions   » Historic   » The American Revolution

Author Topic: The American Revolution
JClark_1
Member # 9528

posted 11-13-2002 01:46 PM     Profile for JClark_1     Edit/Delete Post
Greetings...

I just finished reading Jeff Shaara's "The Glorious Cause", a stylized historical novel of the American Revolution. This novel covers the entire gamut of the Revolution, from the battles around New York City, at the darkest days of the war, to Paris, where Ben Franklin worked tirelessly to achieve aid and recognition for our new country, to the final moments at Yorktown. I've read other treatments of the war over the years, but I've never read anything that brought to life all the legendary figures of the Revolution, and did such a tremedous job of painting the broad sweep of the war, in all of it's shame and glory. For anyone interested in a damn good read, this is a great book. Jeff Shaara is the son of the author of the "Killer Angels, the book that inspired the terrific TV series "Gettysburg", and who also wrote "Rise to Rebellion", the story of the beginning of American independence.

--------------------

Byron Audler,
moderator, HULL

Posts: 127 | From: Jacksonville, Fla. USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
DH
Member # 9466

posted 12-18-2002 10:44 AM     Profile for DH     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Because this will never even get seen buried way down in the "Real Military Discussions" category, I'm moving this to the Ready Room.

--------------------

Email: [email protected]

Posts: 158 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.