my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » CPU's, RAM, & Storage   » temp please?

Author Topic: temp please?
Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 01-16-2002 10:11 PM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know that everyone has their own opinion on this. What is an acceptable temp for the processor and case. Just upgraded my Athlon from a 800 mhgz to a xp 1600+. Using the K7T266a Pro 2 mo/bo and an Asus geforce 3.

Reason I ask is I want to put it inside my desk in the CPU slot that is designed for it. I was running 3d mark 2001 test. As soon as it was done, I checked the temp and the CPU temp was at 126 degrees. The chassis temp was at 95. Sitting ontop of my desk, it was runs a few degrees cooler.

What is acceptable and what is not gents? I have no plans on over clocking.

Thanks for your opinions.

--------------------

Eat more Possum :)

Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Overkill
Member # 5169

posted 08-05-2002 05:24 PM     Profile for Overkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last time I checked I ran between 37 degrees Celsius and 41 degrees Celsius. My info is in my sig.

--------------------

Stephen

Specs: Lian-Li PC 60 case, Asus P4S333 DDR mobo, Intel 2.4ghz Northwood, 1gig of PC2700 333 Samsung, WD 1000JB SE, Lite On Burner at 40X, Lite On DVD and CD-ROM, 250mb Zip, SB Live!, VisionTek GF4 Ti4600, Windows XP Pro, Optiquest 19" and the Cougar HOTAS

Posts: 597 | From: Midlothian, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.