my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Tactical 1st Person Combat   » DOD

Author Topic: DOD
Pilgrim UK
Member # 9575

posted 11-17-2002 06:41 PM     Profile for Pilgrim UK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just doing a check on how many of you guys still play DOD, i noticed the last post was a while ago. Was this cause of the changes in 3.1?

DOD is my passion i can easily spend 4 hrs straight playing it. (much to the annoyance of my better half)

Any of you guys play on Jolt servers?

Posts: 9 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 11-17-2002 07:48 PM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I played it for quite awhile. It is a good game. Quite a few of us on Combatsim used to play together. Doug even set up our own private server for awhile.

Only reason I quit was all the jerks I seemed destined to meet when I joined a server other than ours.

--------------------

Eat more Possum :)

Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-17-2002 08:19 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pilgrim,

Yeah, we used to have some hellish multiplayer battles and a good time was had by all. I haven't tried the latest version. Can you fill us in on the hi-lites? What's new?

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Pilgrim UK
Member # 9575

posted 11-18-2002 10:00 PM     Profile for Pilgrim UK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm whats new......

Well the recoil has been adjusted for all weapons. Some new weapons like the Fg42, Greasegun, (or porridge gun as some people call it now) K43 as well as the MG42 barrel heats faster now.

But the major change in Version 3 is 3 new Paratrooper Maps. Counterstrike round based maps but in DOD, yeah sounds like heresy i know but they can be good if you are in the mood. Also they have tweaked the Kar too much that it is whored like in version 1.3 it is unbelievably accurate compared to the garand.

With version 4 out soon we will get British troops in the game. Look forward to the bren gun, sten gun, enfield rifle and other types of brit weapons.

Buster i know what you mean buy having jerks on the public servers. The anticheat software incorporated has not been implemented yet as they dont stop cheats being used, this has been tested and proven. I Usually play on Jolt servers with a clan called PFJ, OwP servers or with the forum Fighters, always Guaranteed a great game.

Usually servers with OwP members in it will be a good game but ther is people out ther who try to discredit the OwP by wearing the OwP tag and being a jerk. (Thats the good thing about Won id's least we can track them)

--------------------

Online Warfare Pact

Our forums

Posts: 9 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 11-19-2002 07:54 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pilgrim,

Thanks for the sitrep. I haven't played DOD since I upgraded my system several months ago.

I'll make some time to get Half-Life / DoD installed on my current machine so I can check out these improvements first hand.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.