my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Site-Related Discussions   » Article Feedback   » Review: Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead

Author Topic: Review: Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 12-03-2002 10:28 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead. How's that for a mouthful? Our Chuck “SmokingCrater” Norton jumps from a C-47 into Normandy along with his combat camera and files this report from the frontlines.

Review: Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 12-04-2002 03:58 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great review Chuck! I love this add-on. My only complaint it wasn't long enough! For $30, 4 more missions would have been perfect.

Donster

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Groucho
Member # 266

posted 12-04-2002 05:54 PM     Profile for Groucho     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great piece, Chuck! Thanks!

--------------------

Bob "Groucho" Marks
"Si ego certiorem faciam...mihi tu delendus eris"
-Groom Lake (NV) Mission Patch, Project Unknown

Posts: 530 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
DH
Member # 9466

posted 12-04-2002 07:46 PM     Profile for DH     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really enjoyed this add-on. For me, just the paradrop into Normandy was worth the price of admission.

I also enjoyed the scripted bits. Yes, these might be frustrating if you'd saved your game at a point in the script loop where your ultimate demise was inevitable, but on the whole it worked well for me.

One thing I did find, however, is that the game is far more enjoyable, and playable, with the color depth set to 32-bit. At 16-bit color you can't see the AI snipers and that will drive you nuts.

Big thumbs up for this title from me, but then again, I don't get out much.

--------------------

Email: [email protected]

Posts: 158 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
SmokingCrater
Member # 9504

posted 12-06-2002 03:29 PM     Profile for SmokingCrater     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, to each their own, Herr Doug. It IS a fun game. But it just seemed a bit pricey for what it delivered. I guess its a question of taste, for sure. Have you (or anyone else) noticed that thing with the enfield's fire sound occasionally missing?

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Glad you enjoyed it!

SmokingCrater

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.