my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Site-Related Discussions   » Article Feedback   » Interview: EXCLUSIVE! Oleg Maddox on Forgotten Battles

Author Topic: Interview: EXCLUSIVE! Oleg Maddox on Forgotten Battles
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 12-01-2002 08:50 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

With Forgotten Battle's release imminent, the code has gelled enough to delve a bit more into the persnickity minutiae of IL-2's successor. Our Bob Marks gets the exclusive intel, screenshots, and a upcoming feature tease or two directly from the man himself, Oleg Maddox.

Interview: EXCLUSIVE! Oleg Maddox on Forgotten Battles

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 12-01-2002 09:32 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great interview, Groucho. Good, insightful Q&A. Letting him and his team know that the
devotion to their simulation is appreciated and was very cool, too!

--------------------

-=Spectre=-
1800+ posts, prior to Meltdown 20 Oct 02
If at 1st you don't succeed, call in an Air Strike!

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
tazfoster
Member # 9369

posted 12-02-2002 04:54 AM     Profile for tazfoster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its that new sim thing he talked about. Did he not give a single clue? Did you find out anymore about system specs, I'm hoping they don't change much. I think I might pop into Olegs ready room and start my bi-monthly Spitfire debate.

Great interview.

Oh BTW. I wanted to get involved in some online IL2 stuff with you blokes, could you let me know how you lot go about it please?

Posts: 301 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
Member # 9551

posted 12-02-2002 02:15 PM     Profile for Spectre_USA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best way I know of is to fire up HyperLobby.

Get the client here.

It's a freebie, and hundreds use it...

--------------------

-=Spectre=-
1800+ posts, prior to Meltdown 20 Oct 02
If at 1st you don't succeed, call in an Air Strike!

Posts: 294 | From: Spokane, WA, US of A! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
mac
Member # 9085

posted 12-03-2002 04:55 AM     Profile for mac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In Forgotten Battles, I do hope that we are going to get some genuine-sounding noises from the Hurricane's Merlin engine. Although IL2 has been almost beyond critisism, there have been some strange engine sounds eminating from aircraft like the JU 88 and He 111. If only a genuine Daimler-Benz sound could have been woven into the sim for the Bf 109, as in WW2 Fighters and HyperLobby's start-up sequence, it would be fantastic. Any feedback in this department would be welcomed.Forgotten Battles
Posts: 11 | From: Bridgwater, Somerset, UK | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.