my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Site-Related Discussions   » Article Feedback   » Simulation Community: Sim Community Observer (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Simulation Community: Sim Community Observer
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 12-21-2002 10:43 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
W.O.K.,

Glad you are enjoying the SCO (Sim Community Observer) reports.

Those Error: Missing FileServer Specification. Please notify system adminstrator messages are from the Flightsim.com server.

I'm not really sure what is causing that problem, but I think this error is occurring because you first need to register with their site to get access to downloadable files. Registration is free and you can sign-up here.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 01-03-2003 01:05 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

We ring in the New Year with a MiGMan.com competition, a minor kerfuffle over at Aces High regarding “Luffwobble” abuse; Silent Hunter II MP patch; the very cool (and free) Sopwith Camel add-on for Operation Flashpoint; and the Fusion Pack 9.5 for Counter-Strike. Lots more inside.

Feature: Sim Community Observer

Ed R
Member # 9540

posted 01-04-2003 02:29 PM     Profile for Ed R     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfram -Osram- Kuss:
Great stuff, like always!

However, in the CFS 2 & 3 section,
I can not open some (all?) links, for example the "CFS2 Blohm und Voss BV-141 B-05 V13 NC RD" one. I get:
"Error: Missing FileServer Specification
Please notify system adminstrator".
BTW, I think I had the same problem in an old issue of the observer as well.

Does it work for other people?

Noticed that. It used to work by just requiring you to log in first. Flightsim.com requires registration to download. I'll make sure for next weeks that I'll remove the end tag on the links.

--------------------

"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country."
General Patton

Posts: 16 | From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 01-10-2003 06:44 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Our intrepid observer has found some lovely new Strike Fighters aircraft (including a wicked AC-130A Thor), and a WWI mod for FS:SDOE. The F4 Unified Team is looking for volunteers. Sadly, WWII Ace Joe Foss passed away. Plus lots more info and forum shenanigans too!

Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 01-12-2003 09:39 PM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That thingmie for FS:SDOE looks pretty sharp! Anyone tried it out yet? I will have to give it a spin after I do my pc upgrade. Don't want to install it twice.

--------------------

Eat more Possum :)

Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 01-22-2003 02:47 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Our Ed Reddy takes a look back at the hottest forum threads of 2002.

Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 01-24-2003 05:58 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Richard Harvey's final, heartwrenching post at AVSim was a big part of the discussions within the sim community this week. Microsoft announced details of the upcoming CFS3 patch, and Strike Fighters released its first patch. Lots of other discussions and news as usual in the one page that covers the whole community.

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.