The time has come. Moscow and Tokyo seem to have discharged every further diplomatic effort to solve the rising crisis over the Kuril Islands.
Claimed by Japan but occupied buy Russia after the end of the Second World War, these small islands have been turned in a symbol of Nationalism for both the governments.
Now, a strong Russian contingent is being dispatched to strengthen their positions. Will the JSDF attack the convoy and risk an-all-out war with its old enemy?
Command LIVE: Kuril Sunrise the ninth installment in the Command LIVE series, has been released! This new episode explores a scenario in which two powerful Navies must face each other having an impressive array of sea denial weapons.
Which one shall prove to be superior?
- Playable as Russia or Japan.
- 21st Century convoy warfare. Using advanced aircraft, ships, and submarines, face the challenge of either escorting or attacking a convoy of civilian ferries. Which previous tactics will work and which ones will not in a new era?
- Control advanced submarines. The nuclear vs. diesel dispute is on as the Yasen and Akula II submarines on the Russian side face the Soryu and Oyashio SSKs on the Japanese side. The strengths and weaknesses of both types are on display.
- Fight the air battle with upgraded F-15s and Su-27s alongside classics like the F-4 and MiG-29.
- Plan carefully. Each side has its own technological or logistical weakness the other can exploit.