Developer Ace Maddox Games has announced the “Rocket Lightning Spin” Steam Update for its air-combat action game Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China. A new P-38L video and Hurricane Mk. IIB video are now available for your viewing pleasure!
Here’s the rundown for”Rocket Lightning Spin” Steam Update:
- Improved flightstick support. For example, Saitek’s “dual device” X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. system is now fully configurable.
- “HVAR” rocket weapons system implemented via P-38L Lightning, try the new ROCKET LIGHTNING Single Player Challenge for some explosive fun (P-38L with rockets also available in FREE FLIGHT/DOGFIGHT modes).
- Added “city light” rendering feature; take-off for a test-flight over Akyab or Rangoon in the middle of the night to sample a myriad of shiny, digital light-bulbs.
- HUD/GUI updated so controls and hint messages are now more visual, dynamic icons for improved gamepad, keyboard and flight stick control instructions.
- Adjusted the Campaign mode’s difficulty so that it (should) take more skill and less luck to complete missions (note: work in progress).
- New aircraft: C-46A “Commando” replaces the DC-2 transport for FREE FLIGHT and “OVER THE HUMP” Campaign mission.
- New aircraft: Upgraded the Hurricane Mk. II fighter so it looks a little sleeker, now comes with five selectable skins — including the famous England-China “Nightflyer”!
- New aircraft: P-38L Lightning fighter aircraft added with HVAR weapons system for firing rockets. Four skins available including a ROCAF (Nationalist China) camouflage.
Get more information about the game at the official Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China website.