Update 0.17 Introduces a New Competitive Map “Frontline” and Continues to Make Changes From Community Feedback
Obsidian Entertainment and global publisher My.com are proud to announce the newest addition to Armored Warfare. Update 0.17 focuses on several quality of life improvements to continue the trend of addressing community requested enhancements. New features include the new VBR wheeled Armored Fighting Vehicle, the new co-op PvE challenge “Leviathan,” and the large and open PvP map, “Frontline”.
Watch the Armored Warfare – Frontline Map Trailer HERE.
Update 0.17 features include:
- Due to its size and natural openness, there are almost no natural routes for the players to take and tactics depend almost entirely on each team, as the terrain no longer dictates the vehicle deployment. The flow of battle is less predictable than on some of the other Armored Warfare maps and the players need to be constantly vigilant for the shifting tides of war.
- A brand new challenge for the co-operative PvE mode of Armored Warfare. The newly-finished Aurora satellite sits on a remote island in the Pacific, having received the final touches that will facilitate its maiden flight. When adversarial forces threaten to destroy Aurora and its component parts, players must protect the satellite and defend the island’s facilities, stopping the enemies from capturing the Aurora and destroying it.
- The VBR Tier 8 AFV and the AMX 10 RCR Tier 8 Premium Tank Destroyer
- We have continued to improve and optimized Armored Warfare’s weapon firing model in many aspects, with the goal of making it easier for players to hit targets more consistently while firing on the move.
- Before spawning an AI vehicle, this new system will check to see if it has Line of Sight and is within close radius to players in an attempt to find a location that is not directly on top of players. This should greatly reduce the cases in which AI vehicles spawn in-sight of and around players.
Find more about the 0.17 updates HERE.
You can download the game for free and get more information at the official Armored Warfare website.