| Previous |
| Next |
Falcon 4 Plus
By Bob "Groucho" Marks
I suggest you read it carefully and heed his advice- the more stuff that the iBeta team turns on, the more horsepower it takes to run. If you need a primer on the steps needed to install the RP2 / F4Patch enhanced Falcon, or just would like some pointers on wringing the most out of post RP2 F4, check out his article.
What I intend to do in the next few paragraphs is take a look at some of the other user created add-ons that increase the playability, situational awareness, stability, and fun of the RP- enhanced Falcon 4.0. There is an awful lot out there, so lets take it in parts, shall we?
The Rig in Question
All of the screenshots, comments, frame rates, and rants are based on what I see with my particular computer, configured as follows:
- PIII 500 OC'd to ~533MHz
- ASUS P2B-F MoBo
- Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 32MB, Guillemot v.5.22 Drivers, VRAM OC’d to 375MHz, FSAA slider to 4
- PDPI L4 Digital Game Card
- 196MB SDRAM 7ns PC100 CAS2-125MHz
- IBM DeskStar 14GXD 14.4GB 7200RPM HD
- Monster Sound MX300
- Mitsubishi 19" DP900U NF Monitor
- HOTAS: Suncom F-15E Talon / SFS Throttle (running SPI), Thomas Enterprises rudder pedals, dual QuickShot MasterPilot controllers, Kinesis Savant programmable keypad, Game Commander MX
Graphics settings for Falcon 4.0 are:
F4Bubble v1.8 settings to iBeta Multi-Player defaults.
F4Patch v1.4 Settings:
All patches and add-ons are available in the Falcon 4.0 section of Delphi (http://www.delphi.com).
| Previous | | Next |