my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Battle of Britain   » HORROR

Author Topic: HORROR
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 12-20-2000 09:15 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My chute wouldn't open

It looked like part of my chute pack was missing .
My little guy fell kicking and flailing his arms about. Very disturbing.

ROFLMAO. Un-freakin-real.

[This message has been edited by Sulla (edited 12-20-2000).]

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 12-20-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah he bounces to. Read a review today on B-17II they said the screams of pretty creepy when their Fort goes down. 'bout time they put a dose of reality in these sims.
Make the youngsters think. None of that John Wayne b.s.

Spawnbob
Member # 1277

posted 12-20-2000 10:31 PM     Profile for Spawnbob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
see now do u wish you kept that canopy open , might off given u a few extra seconds
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 12-20-2000 10:35 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I was going a tad fast.......like 310 kts .
Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Von Paulus
Member # 3447

posted 12-21-2000 04:23 AM     Profile for Von Paulus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SPOT

If you go over to the IL2 Sturmovic threads, you'll find some debate about whether or not Oleg Maddox will be able to put troop straffing into to the game, as it may fall fowl of certain pinko, lilly livered, Bleading-heart-liberal european (yuk) censorship laws!
Why do we pretend that this does'nt happen? Do they think that if we forget/hide/ignore all the bad things that have beee going on, that we will never have another war?

BTW, how do games that display the swastika get published in germany? I thought it was banned?

Von P

------------------

Grant that I die where the bursting shrapnel sings,
My team upon a gallop towards the foe.

[This message has been edited by Von Paulus (edited 12-21-2000).]

Posts: 89 | From: Greenwich, London, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 12-21-2000 05:54 AM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They take the swastika out !
Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ming_123UK
Member # 7155

posted 12-21-2000 06:59 AM     Profile for Ming_123UK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and they replace it with Mickey Mouse holding a Luger

Ming out.

Posts: 105 | From: London UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flying_Weasel
Member # 8669

posted 12-21-2000 07:55 AM     Profile for Flying_Weasel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mhmm.. thats a "delicate" situation here

One the one side its okay to show this symbol if its in a historic context (documententations, photographies, books).
So movies are allowed to use the symbols of the "3. Reich" if the story makes sense.
But its not allow to use it in certain other contexts (demonstration (neonazis), graffito etc...).

So games are ..mhm.. in the middle of it. "Wolfenstein" is/was forbidden, because of the use of nazis symbols, but a game like a flight-sim which recreates some believable historical context ..mhmm.. could be legal ("censorship" reduces "realism" in historic military sims, but I dont care about symbols anyway).

Maybe nobody would try to sue the publisher (or to fight for a censored version), but the publisher try to be on the save side, removing symbols before they are forced to do so ..

Somebody here with better knowledge of the german laws regarding this issue?

Greetinx, Weasel

Posts: 95 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Von Paulus
Member # 3447

posted 12-21-2000 07:56 AM     Profile for Von Paulus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wasp:
They take the swastika out !

I'm not at home ATM so I can't check, but do'nt our lovely JU87's have swastika on the tail?

Von Paulus

------------------

Posts: 89 | From: Greenwich, London, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 12-21-2000 11:30 AM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Von Paulus-
Yeah I observed that string from a distance.
True Freedom is about choice. Give me an OPTION button on the interface.
Oh well anyone that politically sensitive probably still thinks comic books and cigarettes promotes juvenile delinquency and teen violence. (I'm old enough to remember that foolishness.)

Kraut
Member # 513

posted 12-21-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hang on! Still puter problems
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Von Paulus
Member # 3447

posted 12-22-2000 02:40 AM     Profile for Von Paulus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPOT:
Von Paulus-
Yeah I observed that string from a distance.
True Freedom is about choice. Give me an OPTION button on the interface.
Oh well anyone that politically sensitive probably still thinks comic books and cigarettes promotes juvenile delinquency and teen violence. (I'm old enough to remember that foolishness.)

Choice? We are not capable of making a choice! We should not be allowed the choice.
I recently was laying a wreath at a war memorial near Woolwich in London, to the fallen Gunners of the 1900-1901 boer war. Carved into the stone at the base and top was a continous row of swastikas. Would some people have this chiseled off, and deface the memorial? I believe the Finnish airforce had this symbol as well, and that it is in fact an ancient far-eastern symbol of peace!
My god the krauts are so anal! No wonder they've not won a decent scrap in ages

Von P

------------------

[This message has been edited by Von Paulus (edited 12-22-2000).]

Von Paulus
Member # 3447

posted 12-22-2000 03:25 AM     Profile for Von Paulus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are saved!
http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum40/HTML/000175.html

Von P

------------------

Colski
Member # 8801

posted 12-25-2000 08:28 AM     Profile for Colski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Swastika is a rune isn't it? If you're going to be historically accurate you gotta put 'em in!
Model manufacturers make me mad...fancy leaving them out..they still get painted on!
Freedom of choice for Europe!
Those lovely little Dorniers just don't look the same without them.

Posts: 36 | From: Criccieth, N.Wales | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-26-2000 05:56 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Colski:
Swastika is a rune isn't it? If you're going to be historically accurate you gotta put 'em in!
Model manufacturers make me mad...fancy leaving them out..they still get painted on!
Freedom of choice for Europe!
Those lovely little Dorniers just don't look the same without them.

The "SS" symbol is a rune actually..the swastika I don't believe is. The symbol does appear in India and some other cultures as well though. As has been stated already.

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.