my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Eurofighter Typhoon   » Understanding the New Typhoon Game Sorry My english is poorhave

Author Topic: Understanding the New Typhoon Game Sorry My english is poorhave
Larry Franks
Member # 5400

posted 12-15-2000 01:42 PM     Profile for Larry Franks   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doubble post with addtions

What wht trigger was for the double post.

Ripple count or lack of a count is not so important when user can press the trigger the amount of times needed to drop 1 or 6 bombs.

Right?

I know you are not saying that the lack of this small feature is something that should be used to cast bad light on a game that has so much.

Some one asked what does it have... how quick we forget what we ask for. The game has a WAR.. back a few months ago poeple said that a game must have a war. Not you get a new game with a active war and now its ripple counts. Now i see tones from people that say ... oh well all it has is a war..

Why are you all looking at what it lacks and not at what it gives you.

You have comms you have awacs you have all you need to fly this war game. People are looking a features that they can simulated by pushing button on the keyboard or joystick more then once.

Lets take a look at what else rage is given the community.

Not one of the latest new jet aero sim is given you damage models

Not Falcon, Not Su27 Not F-18 ( I don't think)

I remember the critics of su27 saying you don;t have a pilots log. Well new you have 6 pilots logs you have to manage.

I remember in Flacon 4s golden days people said wow it would be nice to manage a squad.

Now you have that.

YOu have uptodate and future wep systems that no other sim has given.

You are flying in a new part of the world.
Rage is given you alot.

Ok I have learn from past post that if you are not going to say something that is not pro Falcon here you better warn people that you are not anti Falcon.

Ok I am not anti falcon. I like the game a lot its fun to play. Is it the best product ever... No IMPO as I said be fore if it was the best it would have stood the test of time and sold much copys and have Developer support.

I said Flanker in the post below.. again I am not anti Flanker. I like Flanker a lot .. its a grreat simulation..one of the greatest of all time much like Falcon 4.

I hope this clears up any possible offensiveness taken bu those feelings of those games.

Its really hard to watch people talk about games as if they are close to real life
flight games are not detail books that give you every little bit of information about the jet. These games all of them are summaries of real life. I think we have to keep that in mind be fore we trash talk a game or lose hope and not support it.

Yes I feel that this community should need to unite behind each product that hits the shelf. I am not saying buy each and all games I am saying don't trash it due your personal dislikes.

To the folks that are feeling the need to trash this product... well not trash.. but to the folks that have low hopes and feel its doomed to fail I ask you to think about this.

This is a game that models this system in a combat roll.... so lets say the year is 2015.

Which means the jet is about 10years old and has see at least 6 years of RAF active duty service and System updates.

From the get go the jet was made to be easy. So now workload is even easier. You don;t have to worry about oldschool task (Like the F-16s pilot workload) The radar will "Help" you create your tracking and firing solutions...

JDAMS Wep systems don't require you to haul a bunch of smart bombs to ripple over the target. Like they did with old wed systems like the F-15E.. So ripple and Delays are not as important as they use to be.

Just say the systems in 2010 are preprogrammed to "Burst" or "Glide" to the targets.

In the year of this system. You use helmet mounted systems. So MFD are displayed in the pilot helmet and not on the DDI. The pilot in 2010 is trained to uses her/his Hotas much more in the battle field.

Just say that in 2010 that combat aviation is not as hard had it was in 1945 or 1991.

Just say in 2010 things have change to make the workload of the combat war fighter easier.

Will the game playing community turn its back on the next step forward since reality has started to model game playing.

if so you are very unwise.
but like what you like and dislike what you dislike.

Flying oldschool games over and over in oldschool ways gets old. Its like flying Falcon 4 over and over and over again. Very cool game. Buts its old... and time for this gamer to move on to something new and fresh.

Now before anyone says you are wrong about F4 I say damn f4 its day is over. New products can not be compared to a great product like that. Nor should it be. Falcon and f4 and Flanker 2 and F-18 represent air combat of the past.

Each day in the real world new ideas are being developed into reality.. a reality which will be introduced to you in the a product like Typhoon.

So lets not Lampoon the game before we research and know what we are talking about and second know what the future of air war fighting is all about.

Since I am not a master of English... my English my sound snappy and arrogant. It is not the meaning of my post.

Nor am I bashing a great product like Flanker of Hasbro's Falcon 4. All are great products but F4 has had its day in the sun... and the sun has set. Just an opinion.

Learning more about English... if this is hard to read I will rewrite..

DID
Member # 8675

posted 12-15-2000 05:19 PM     Profile for DID   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Larry Franks,

UR-Right !

DID gave me the interest in flightsims.
I still remember the "old" days of flying this baby (3DFX_patch)on a VOODOO 1 (latest drivers!)listening to UNDERWORLD, that's still a lot of fun !

Talking like this makes me a DOOM addict who thinks Q3 stinks ! It's all about developing/gameplay !

B.t.w folks; "nothing beats the real thing" !
Graphics has become to overwhelming for so many i quess...

AziMutH

Posts: 3 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-15-2000 05:56 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good points Larry!

I can understand why the hard-core crowd would be VERY annoyed by the things Rage has taken out of Typhoon. Rage has admitted that focus of Typhoon would probably do so.

The question that remains to be answered is whether the loss of these features will ruin the game for the rest of us. From reading Steve's answers to the questions thrown to him on the EF-2000 list; it sounds like they've though out what they've chosen to do with this sim. I'll bow to their judgment until the game comes out. Until then it's best to take a wait and see attitude. Unless those things that have been left out of the game really kill it for you (or hurt gameplay in general); Typhoon could turn out to be a LOT of fun.
In the end that's all that matters..to most of us anyway.

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Andy Bush
Member # 12

posted 12-15-2000 07:36 PM     Profile for Andy Bush   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Larry

Good post. Your English is just fine!

Andy

Posts: 595 | From: St Louis, Mo | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Overkill
Member # 5169

posted 12-16-2000 07:12 AM     Profile for Overkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not upset with the way the developers are talking about the game. They are playing straight with us and I appreciate that. What I am worried about is the way that the sim, being a sequel, sims to have less in certain areas that seem important to me such as the avionics in comparison to its predecessor. Usually developers add on to the good of the old sim and update the rest. The campaign is a huge plus in Typhoon, if it works, but I suppose I will just have to wait and see how this immerses me without the nice avionics. EECH does not have alot of avionics and that sim immerses me because of its nice campaigns, all six of them!!! So, there is still hope for Typhoon.

Larry,

Your English is just fine.

Posts: 597 | From: Midlothian, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hornet
Member # 2763

posted 12-18-2000 03:55 AM     Profile for Hornet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I agree in some points.
One should really anything compare to a reference like Falcon 4. But I don't think that Falcons Days are over. It is the most detailed simulation of an fighter aircraft ever delivered and with the work of the RealGroup it is going to be even more detailed. The dynamic battlefield engine is also the best. And even graphics are still state of the art. As long as nor other sim matches Falcon in this facts, it will remain on the top. But I don't wanna talk about Falcon right now.
You cannot compare Typhoon to F4, because it is not Typhoons goal to beat it. But I really wish it would. An Eurofighter simulator at a level like F4 would be absolutely great. Unfortunally will Typhoon not be like this.
You say Typhoon could be a great fun, even if they took out some details out of the game. I agree with you, but I first have to fly it. I am still very sceptical in this point.
IMO, you just cannot simulate an fighter aircraft in a combat environment, if you fail in modelling all relevant details. So the workload of the sim-pilot is another as the workload of the real pilot. They are not longer doing the same. I don't want imagine that there is the year 2015 and then use the imaginary technology of this time to explain things, which are just not modelled correctly. This is the point where an simulation becomes a game. Sure, thinking this way I could even consider X-wing a simulation because it's the year 9999 or so and then your R2D2 on the backseat is totally realistic....
That's why I don't like post like "They left out this and this and...., but it will be a great fun". IMO, Xwing was fun, too. Many games were funny. Don't missunderstand me please. I don't expect Typhoon to be even close to Falcon 4. But what I expect from Typhoon is to be a seriou simulation, not just a funny game.

We'll see

Hornet
out

Posts: 78 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 12-18-2000 07:59 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Overkill,

Completely agree with your post.

Just wish they'd hurry up and release it so that this speculation could end

Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hornet
Member # 2763

posted 12-20-2000 04:32 AM     Profile for Hornet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please let me correct the first sentence in my previous post :

Of course we should NOT compare anythink to F4.

thank you
bye

Posts: 78 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 12-20-2000 06:46 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think, in a way, Falcon 4 was a mixed blessing for sims in general. It really raised the bar in terms of overall feature set, even though you could argue half of those features didn't work as advertised

This has left a fair number of us comparing anything and everything to Falcon 4, which, I must admit is wrong, (and I'm certainly as guilty of doing that as the next person).

I suppose it must be borne in mind that F4 wasted millions of dollars and allegedly almost took it's parent company down with it, and only acheived a fraction of it's required or estimated sales. (Remember Gillman hoping for 1,000,000+ sales?) No other company in it's right mind would want to go through that kind of development. I'm almost constantly amazed the Flanker Attack is still ongoing as a project.

I really hope that Typhoon generates enough interest in flight sims at the action end of the market to entice a few people people to look further. I wonder how many people who purchased a Novalogic sim have gone on to purchase others?

Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.