my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Eurofighter Typhoon   » Anti-ship armaments

Author Topic: Anti-ship armaments
Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 12-15-2000 10:11 AM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

I wonder if the new Typhoon will keep the anti-ship missile. It's quite an interesting weapon in the simulator.

Peter

Posts: 124 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
joelhume
Member # 8586

posted 12-16-2000 09:24 AM     Profile for joelhume   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Tsang:
Hello,

I wonder if the new Typhoon will keep the anti-ship missile. It's quite an interesting weapon in the simulator.

Peter

I think the game features the Penguin and Sea Eagle (brit Harpoon type missle) as anti-ship missiles.

Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 12-16-2000 10:20 AM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Joelhume,

Yes, it is the Sea Eagle. I still have Super EF2000 and play it once in a while. So there is one more, Penguin isn't it ? That will be excellent if it is so.

I am also wondering if it will feature dynamic campaign as it previously does. Running the same missions over and over again is no fun, you know.

Best regards
Peter Tsang

Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-16-2000 11:46 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hello Joelhume,

I am also wondering if it will feature dynamic campaign as it previously does. Running the same missions over and over again is no fun, you know.

Best regards
Peter Tsang

Yes..fully dynamic campaign with a ground war. This time you get to manage the lives of six pilots anyone of whose missions you get to fly (if you wish). So if two pilots happen to be up flyng missions you can switch between them.

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 12-16-2000 10:04 PM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Victor,

That sounds excellent. When exactly will it be released?

Best regards
Peter

Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-16-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hello Victor,

That sounds excellent. When exactly will it be released?

Best regards
Peter

March 2001 I believe. Q1 2001 for sure. (I hope).

Orignally Infogrames was suppose to publish the game but they just sat on it it seems. So now it's back inthe hands of Rage and they will be doing the publishing. That's what's led to the delay as the game has been finished for a while.

EF2000 crazy
Member # 7443

posted 12-17-2000 03:37 AM     Profile for EF2000 crazy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, is it true that the development has already finished and they're just sorting out the distribution issues?
If so, does that mean that Rage can't make any further changes to the game?
Is it too late to take our wonderful suggestions into account now?

Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 12-17-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Victor,

That is brilliant. Hope it is something which can last for years again. I bought Super EF2000 in 1996 and played it for more than a year before Falcon 4.0 captured my attentions. But flying only one sim is not enough for fun.

I like the avionics in EF2000. Lots of button to push and MFDs give you a state-of-the-art feel. I am just wondering which one will be the adversary when a F-16 is up against a Eurofighter, considering both origins are quite different.

EF2000 Crazy: I only hope the final product is a good product. Also some surprises would be nice. For instance, a non-distorted clickable 3D cockpit.

You know I really look forward to see what the ground war is like. If it would be eqaully good as that in Falcon 4.0.

Best regards
Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Tsang (edited 12-17-2000).]

Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-17-2000 12:52 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EF2000 crazy, the game is done; but I don't know if it's set in stone so to speak. I suppose that they might still be able to make a change. But the changes that some people are suggesting are major. A clickable cockpit and 1005 accurate avionics are not a change that's likely to happen between now and release date.

Sorry Peter Tsang, but the 3D cockpit is not clickable. All information is provided via the floating MFDs. No, that isn't making the hardcore crowd very happy; but I believe there is enough stuff in the rest of the game to make up for that fact.

As for a surprise. Well I hear that shortly after the game is released Rage will probably open the Typhoon campaign system so we can set our own start and end conditions, and play with all the other campaign systems.

Hopefully we can convince them that this should be a definate as opposed to a "probably". I'm sure they will though as this would be a positive thing.

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 12-17-2000).]

Avimimus
Member # 6336

posted 12-17-2000 01:22 PM     Profile for Avimimus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad to see a drop in the 3d cockpit lick that

I beleive they will only have the pequine though.

Posts: 29 | From: Yaga Minor | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 12-19-2000 02:17 PM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Victor,

The only clickable cockpit I know of is Super Hornet. Actually there isn't any difference between a 3D and 2D cockpit in Super Hornet. The main reason for a 3D cockpit is because we want the padlock. The padlock in that simulator needs no 3D cockpit.

So is the 2D cockpit clickable?

Best regards
Peter

Victor
Member # 249

posted 12-19-2000 07:44 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hello Victor,

The only clickable cockpit I know of is Super Hornet. Actually there isn't any difference between a 3D and 2D cockpit in Super Hornet. The main reason for a 3D cockpit is because we want the padlock. The padlock in that simulator needs no 3D cockpit.

So is the 2D cockpit clickable?

Best regards
Peter

There isn't a clickable cockpit; 2D or 3D Since the avionics have been simplfied, everything is handled via the keyboard.
How this is going to work remains to be seen.

G
Member # 5487

posted 12-19-2000 11:04 PM     Profile for G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaaa. Other than when your joystick messes up, who still clicks buttons on their cockpit?!?! Any respectable simmer has a progammable HOTAS.

Even in Falcon4, a decidedly comprehensive sim, I only click buttons for the more mundande, secondary tasks. And worse yet, even when I do have to do a task, I've always found it easier to use the keyboard. Why move your mouse all the way across the screen and stop it at jussssst the right place and then click, when you can just reach down and press a key.

Now obviously for a simultion handling an f-16, a clickable cockpit is not just useful but neccesary_as I said for the mundane operations. But a clickable 3d cockpit for Typhoon would be wasteful and ill-advised. BTW I rarely even clicked the buttons on the MFDs in ef2k. This sim definitely doesn't need it.

I've said this once before. For all flight sim developers: You can give all the other suckas clickable 3d this and that. Just give me the option to run mines without all of that junk cause I am not clicking a dern thing in sims. Giving me the extra 10fps and let the other chumps wallow in subpar framerate and gameplay performance. Jane's F18 would have all the better to have taken my advice.

G

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.