Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » How do you get to fly the ME410?

Author Topic: How do you get to fly the ME410?
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 09-23-2000 08:06 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A friend who likes to fly Luftwaffe careers and missions (his grandfather was a Luftwaffe Oberst) wants to fly the ME410 in a campaign. I know Charles made the 410 flyable in ECA, but how do you get it-it is not ofered as one of the squadron choices in 1944. Do you have to choose another plane that eventually gets upgraded to the 410, and if so, which plane?

------------------
'Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier.'
-Samuel Johnson

Posts: 1642 | From: Houston, Tx USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Peter Lynn
Member # 3637

posted 09-23-2000 09:13 PM     Profile for Peter Lynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hello General, Someone created a flyable 410 for the 110G slot... It could have been from Aces Over Gyn, but I converted two or three normal skins by using 110G cockpit and wing views in conjunction with ECA 3.3 and EAW Stab. It worked out pretty well actually! I just wish I could remember where I got that flyable skin from...mutter, mutter. It is a pretty frightening aircraft with which to fly into combat as it feels heavier, and even more sluggish that the 110G. Your friend's grandfather is a brave man!! Hpoe this helps until someone more competent than I can fill you in.
Regards
Peter Lynn

Posts: 232 | From: Perth, W. Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax's Doppelganger
Member # 6898

posted 09-23-2000 09:30 PM     Profile for Ajax's Doppelganger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hmm...weird. It's there on my setup Check that the 410 is selected in ECAPanel, and try reinstalling ECA (hopefully you still have the zip somewhere)
RedEyes
Member # 3823

posted 09-23-2000 09:34 PM     Profile for RedEyes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You can get it right here from the Hanger:
http://thehangar.dogfighter.com/Files/5-15-00/410for110g.zip

Posts: 813 | From: Huntington Woods, MI, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 09-23-2000 10:16 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, something weird was going on with my ECA, because the Mosquito was no longer available in the '44 RAF career. I re-unzipped ECA, and the 410 is now there in careers. Maybe I was "stuck" in 1.2?
Gen Savage
Member # 585

posted 09-23-2000 11:42 PM     Profile for Gen Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well, I flew around in the career version, and very slow and sluggish it was. Tried RedEyes' version in the BF110 slot, and it handled rather better.
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 09-23-2000 11:55 PM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Very strange
I had loaded ECA 1.4 and it's update, but almost immediately loaded ECAO 1.31. Somewhere between the two of them (which one?) I have the 410. I flew a (short ) campagn with it.

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.