Google
Web
This Site

News Feeds

This is our archive forum. It contains posts from 1999 to 2003. If you prefer, you may participate in our current COMBATSIM.COM Forum

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM ARCHIVE FORUM   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » Need Rumanian/Hungarian names and ranks...

Author Topic: Need Rumanian/Hungarian names and ranks...
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:10 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well folks, I've started a new addon for the Rumanian and Hungarian in the Russian front, but I still missing their pilot's names and rank. Could any Hex-man do this to us? My address is cwrio@novanet.com.br
Posts: 255 | From: Rio, Rio, Brazil | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 07:47 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cool idea,

Here are the Hungarian ones with US Army equivalents:

Colonel: Ezredes
Lt. Col: Alezredes
Major: Örnagy
Captain: Szazados
1st Lt: Föhadnagy
2nd Lt: Hadnagy
Sgt. Maj: Fötörzsörmester

And for the Romanians:

Colonel: Colonel
Lt. Col: Locotenent Colonel
Major: Major
Captain: Captain
1st Lt: Locotenent Major
2nd Lt: Locotenent
Sgt. Maj: Plutonier Adjutant

Yeah the Rommanian ones look like how they're spelled in English, but they're pronounced diferently. At least they better be or this is a really worthless book. Just kidding they're right, and pronounced some alike some different.

------------------
Schatt

"Some men were born great, some men achieve greatness...and some will always be total gits!"

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 07:49 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DOH! Too early, too little coffee, I thought you needed the ranks and just reread what you originally posted. Oh well there they are if you do still need the names.

------------------
Schatt

"Some men were born great, some men achieve greatness...and some will always be total gits!"

Mosi
Member # 3248

posted 09-23-2000 07:53 AM     Profile for Mosi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dear Claudio

Some weeks ago, I sent you detailed information about Kdo. Welter and a career for the NF-262B. Any news on this?

------------------
"Do first the necessary, then the possible, and suddenly you reach the impossible" Franz of Assisi

Mosi's EAW-Page

Posts: 1040 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:53 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great, Schatten!! But my problem is to hex those ranks and names... Do anyone knows that the Romanian speek a latin language? It's very similar to the portuguese and some words are quite the same! Schatten, do you know how to hex?
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:59 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi, Mosi! Yes, I'm working on it! But I find some troubles regarding the dammed hexing... I try this: I finish the whole Career then I send it to some Hex-man (I have some in mind). BTW, the info you gave was absolutelly terrific!! Thanks a lot! I guess more 2 weeks it's will ba available and I give you promptly! Don't worry!
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 08:18 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! C. Wilches, yeah Romanian is a Romance language along with Spanish, Portugese, French, Italian and Latin. Romance for "coming from Rome" not because it's particuliarly romantic. Funny you brought that up because many years ago I had an English teacher that kept insisting English was a Romance language when I told her it wasn't, so I looked it up. And sure enough it's the of the Anglic branch of the Germanic family. Now that I look back I'm lucky I got to graduate for such a smart-alec I was, senior year English too. LOL

Hugarian is an Altic langue, same group but different family from Turkish and Finnish. Languages are a minor hobby of mine, yes I have a dull life.

Okay, as far as the hex editting yeah I know how to do it. I've never really messed much with string files but if you shoot them my way I'll either give them a go or pass them on to someone with more experience than me in string files (Yeah that means you Stan... ) My email is rick72@penn.com

Okay off to watch the History Channel and eat lunch.

S!

------------------
Schatt

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 01:57 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You want Romanian and Hungarian Ranks and Pilotnames? Which set shall they replace, the German, american or British pilots in EAW?

Do you want pilots from a particular squadron only (trickier) or "generic" names (pretty easy)?

I did a couple of other sets a while ago (basically it's just str-editing, and that's nothing more than typing stuff, no hex-editing needed) can have this 2 sets ready pretty soon - about a day, I have other stuff (life ) running as well!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 02:08 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok started work, but bad news: for Hungarians I only have 40 names, and for Romanians about 25 - email me at hayakutake@excite.com please!

Stan

------------------
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

tiamat
Member # 6124

posted 09-23-2000 04:20 PM     Profile for tiamat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm a romanian...if I can help you please tell me...

------------------
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Posts: 158 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 04:49 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi tiamat, about Romanian pilots, for each name-set in EAW there are 100 names needed, sure I could just copy the 25 I have just 4 times and it's done, but...

Do you have any url's for Romanian WW II squadrons, or a memorial website about the Romanian Air Force in WW II (if possible, in English)?

Stan

------------------

tiamat
Member # 6124

posted 09-23-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for tiamat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not now, but I'll look for some...

------------------
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Posts: 158 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.