Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » Need Rumanian/Hungarian names and ranks...

Author Topic: Need Rumanian/Hungarian names and ranks...
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:10 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Well folks, I've started a new addon for the Rumanian and Hungarian in the Russian front, but I still missing their pilot's names and rank. Could any Hex-man do this to us? My address is cwrio@novanet.com.br
Posts: 255 | From: Rio, Rio, Brazil | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 07:47 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cool idea,

Here are the Hungarian ones with US Army equivalents:

Colonel: Ezredes
Lt. Col: Alezredes
Major: Örnagy
Captain: Szazados
1st Lt: Föhadnagy
2nd Lt: Hadnagy
Sgt. Maj: Fötörzsörmester

And for the Romanians:

Colonel: Colonel
Lt. Col: Locotenent Colonel
Major: Major
Captain: Captain
1st Lt: Locotenent Major
2nd Lt: Locotenent
Sgt. Maj: Plutonier Adjutant

Yeah the Rommanian ones look like how they're spelled in English, but they're pronounced diferently. At least they better be or this is a really worthless book. Just kidding they're right, and pronounced some alike some different.

------------------
Schatt

"Some men were born great, some men achieve greatness...and some will always be total gits!"

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 07:49 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DOH! Too early, too little coffee, I thought you needed the ranks and just reread what you originally posted. Oh well there they are if you do still need the names.

------------------
Schatt

"Some men were born great, some men achieve greatness...and some will always be total gits!"

Mosi
Member # 3248

posted 09-23-2000 07:53 AM     Profile for Mosi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dear Claudio

Some weeks ago, I sent you detailed information about Kdo. Welter and a career for the NF-262B. Any news on this?

------------------
"Do first the necessary, then the possible, and suddenly you reach the impossible" Franz of Assisi

Mosi's EAW-Page

Posts: 1040 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:53 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great, Schatten!! But my problem is to hex those ranks and names... Do anyone knows that the Romanian speek a latin language? It's very similar to the portuguese and some words are quite the same! Schatten, do you know how to hex?
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:59 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi, Mosi! Yes, I'm working on it! But I find some troubles regarding the dammed hexing... I try this: I finish the whole Career then I send it to some Hex-man (I have some in mind). BTW, the info you gave was absolutelly terrific!! Thanks a lot! I guess more 2 weeks it's will ba available and I give you promptly! Don't worry!
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 09-23-2000 08:18 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
S! C. Wilches, yeah Romanian is a Romance language along with Spanish, Portugese, French, Italian and Latin. Romance for "coming from Rome" not because it's particuliarly romantic. Funny you brought that up because many years ago I had an English teacher that kept insisting English was a Romance language when I told her it wasn't, so I looked it up. And sure enough it's the of the Anglic branch of the Germanic family. Now that I look back I'm lucky I got to graduate for such a smart-alec I was, senior year English too. LOL

Hugarian is an Altic langue, same group but different family from Turkish and Finnish. Languages are a minor hobby of mine, yes I have a dull life.

Okay, as far as the hex editting yeah I know how to do it. I've never really messed much with string files but if you shoot them my way I'll either give them a go or pass them on to someone with more experience than me in string files (Yeah that means you Stan... ) My email is rick72@penn.com

Okay off to watch the History Channel and eat lunch.

S!

------------------
Schatt

Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 01:57 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You want Romanian and Hungarian Ranks and Pilotnames? Which set shall they replace, the German, american or British pilots in EAW?

Do you want pilots from a particular squadron only (trickier) or "generic" names (pretty easy)?

I did a couple of other sets a while ago (basically it's just str-editing, and that's nothing more than typing stuff, no hex-editing needed) can have this 2 sets ready pretty soon - about a day, I have other stuff (life ) running as well!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 02:08 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ok started work, but bad news: for Hungarians I only have 40 names, and for Romanians about 25 - email me at hayakutake@excite.com please!

Stan

------------------
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

tiamat
Member # 6124

posted 09-23-2000 04:20 PM     Profile for tiamat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I'm a romanian...if I can help you please tell me...

------------------
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Posts: 158 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 04:49 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi tiamat, about Romanian pilots, for each name-set in EAW there are 100 names needed, sure I could just copy the 25 I have just 4 times and it's done, but...

Do you have any url's for Romanian WW II squadrons, or a memorial website about the Romanian Air Force in WW II (if possible, in English)?

Stan

------------------

tiamat
Member # 6124

posted 09-23-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for tiamat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not now, but I'll look for some...

------------------
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Posts: 158 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.