Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » Help With Hex Editing EAW

Author Topic: Help With Hex Editing EAW
Edward
Member # 6120

posted 09-22-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for Edward   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finally decided to try a little hex editing, but I'm new to this. I just need some help finding the "pointer" so I can change some shapes around. Where do I look and what text do I have to change? All I'm trying to do is move Jycceboy's great Finnish Buffalo to a German slot so I can shoot down some of Tailspin's and Claudio's excellent Russian skins. Thanks to all.
Posts: 32 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 04:22 AM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Open up the accompanying 3DZ files - there you see a line on the right side which reads the name of a tpc-file - this one you have to replace with the name for the new slot...

hmmm.... let's say you have a skin for a spitfire slot and you want to use it in the hurri slot - then you change the PSP09*.tpc to PHURR*.tpc (don't know the full name now, that'S why an *) and save it, and it should work okay.

This is only neded for 3DZ files, not for tpc files!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Edward
Member # 6120

posted 09-23-2000 07:39 AM     Profile for Edward   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks so much for the help. I tried it and it works perfectly
Posts: 32 | From: Laguna Niguel, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
C. Wilches
Member # 5897

posted 09-23-2000 07:49 AM     Profile for C. Wilches   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Edward, thanks for the words... If you are able to Hexing, try to do this: Buffalo to 109E slot, Ms-406 to the 109G, Mig-3 to the 109E (for the Rumanian I'm working), Fokker DXXI to the 109E. Thanks!! cwrio@novanet.com.br
Posts: 255 | From: Rio, Rio, Brazil | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tailspin
Member # 86

posted 09-23-2000 10:11 AM     Profile for Tailspin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hey Claudio...I can do that too. Although that is the extent of my hex-editing abilities. If you want to send me the files and instructions,I'll be glad to help.

------------------
Joke 'em if they can't take a....

Posts: 1895 | From: Metropolis USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stanley99
Member # 169

posted 09-23-2000 02:16 PM     Profile for Stanley99     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Glad I could help!

Stan

------------------
'Tis but a scratch. Your arm's off!!! No it isn't
Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left. Yes I have. Look! Just a flesh wound.

Posts: 3692 | From: Vienna, 3rd rock left | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.