Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 4   » ECA and ECAO

Author Topic: ECA and ECAO
Lanzfeld
Member # 990

posted 09-22-2000 08:12 PM     Profile for Lanzfeld   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Hi guys, Im back to playing this sim after taking a long break from it. I was wondering if some of you could answer a few questions for me.

ECA allows me to fly a few more aircraft that I couldnt before such as the JU88 and B26. It also tweaks the flight models and gun models as well and I just install this on top of EAW ver 1.2, right?

Now ECAO really tweaks the flight models alot (much more realistic) and it also tweaks the gun model as well? Can I install this if I really dont play online much (I fly for a living so I really like a good FM)? Do I install it with ECA so I can get all the tweaks of BOTH upgrades?

Please help me clear this up guys. I am really look forward to this refound sim!

Thanks,
James

[This message has been edited by Lanzfeld (edited 09-22-2000).]

Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
X-MAN
Member # 1581

posted 09-22-2000 10:12 PM     Profile for X-MAN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanz! Load all 3 (ECA 1.4, ECAO 1.4 and v1.2) u need to download ECAPANEL 3.3 (this works with ECA 1.4)and stick 'em in your EAW mainfolder. Then download EAW CONTROL MANAGER (EAWCM for ECAO 1.4) this alows you to switch between the 3 (not 4, 3)
Posts: 594 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
jimjim
Member # 1538

posted 09-23-2000 12:54 AM     Profile for jimjim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ECApanel and ECAonline are not compatible with each other; you cannot use both at the same time.
Posts: 239 | From: Vancouver/BC/Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lanzfeld
Member # 990

posted 09-23-2000 08:08 AM     Profile for Lanzfeld   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I guess my more specific question is why would you want to run just plain version 1.2 of EAW when you have ECA and ECAO to use? Why would someone run EAW ver 1.2? To tell you the truth, I'm not interested in flying 200 plane types so I will not be downloading 3.0 (Yet!!!). So my choice is ECA 1.4 or ECAO 1.4 right? One has a better flight model (ECAO) and the other??????
AirHunter
Member # 6141

posted 09-23-2000 08:46 AM     Profile for AirHunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lanzfeld, try this maybe it'll help, Go to the top right of the main EAW forum page, find the "forums search engine" type in the key word "NEWBIES:".......Hope that helps with the solution to 3 ver of EAW. You'll be looking for the eawcm (eaw control manager) It will, if you get it from the ECA homepage under "our Down Loads", give you ECAO 1.4 and the "eawcm" or "switch" that lets you choose between the differant versions of EAW on your machine, ie..ver1.2, ECAO, and ECA at the touch of a button. I think you should have all three versions in case you do end up playing on line.........AH

[This message has been edited by AirHunter (edited 09-23-2000).]

Posts: 458 | From: EAW Aerodrome, Horseheads, New York, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 09-23-2000 09:08 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Why would somebody want to...yadda,yadda,yadda... "...here is why:

Some guys want to fly ONLY the original EAW planes with more "accurate" flight models ( ), so they NEED ECAO...some folks will ONLY fly EAW straight 1.2 (I guess they are just HAPPY with it that way, and, hey, that's OK..in fact, most Zone games are straight 1.2)...some guys like being able to fly ALL the theaters (East Front, France, Med, Africa, PTO, etc.) and ALL the 200-odd aircraft, for this you MUST have ECA 1.4 plus ECA Panel 3.3, and finally there are some who fly the EAW Ladder and require RIP (Realistic in Performance, yet another set of flight models..hehe).

There are only 2 ways to accomplish this: separate installs for each flight model set OR through the use of some sort of "switcher" or "enabler" which allows you to keep the various flight models in separate folders INSIDE the EAW main folder and copy and delete them IN and OUT at will into your main EAW folder (there are several to choose from...Scorpion's, Wurger's and Capitan Manduca's)...hope this helps!

Mus

Posts: 1245 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lanzfeld
Member # 990

posted 09-23-2000 11:11 AM     Profile for Lanzfeld   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I installed ECAO (I just extracted all the files to my EAW dir) and I noticed an improvment in the flight models. Does ECAO do anything to the guns and cannons of the aircraft?
Lanzfeld
Member # 990

posted 09-23-2000 11:13 AM     Profile for Lanzfeld   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Thanks Musgrove. It all was just a little mixed up for me. Thank you for taking the time to explain it.
musgrove
Member # 1643

posted 09-23-2000 11:29 AM     Profile for musgrove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
No Problem, Lanz...
Posts: 1245 | From: CT, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.